This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing RDP on HPTouchpad

Last night enabled RDP remote on the HPTouchpad to the Terminal Server. It works very well. Note that this is a basic RDP and at this time I see no way to resize or get sound; but I just ran it plug and play without reading the instructions.

The color, rendition and speed of the native HP OS RDP session was great.

I thought I would give it a try. I will post some pictures of the HSTouch remote sessions in the next few days.

Still getting a bit used to running HP OS on the HPTouchpad and using a touch tablet in general.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Neat! Does an RDP client come with the hp?
    Paul

Comment

It does not and I noticed it in the HP "store" last night when looking at the applications. It was $.99 US cents. There are more options though. The RDP one is just using the RDP server. There's another one with a propietary server piece and then you can still drop Android or utilize Debian/Ubuntu Linux RDP.

I'm still at the point of just using a tablet in general; old age I guess. I like to surf the web with it and look at HS varables and "stuff"; but do not really know if I want to yet utilize it for say HSTouch.

I've been combing through my scripts and plugins and noticed something overlooked yesterday. I have CID announcements via the main HS Speaker dot exe running. I have sound enabled on most of the HSTouch screens and would get a primary CID announcement first then would hear a echo CID from each of the HSTouch screens with sound enabled. I thought at first it was an issue; then I looked at my configuration and had it set such that it would broadcast a CID announcement on all of the TS clients. Made the adjustment and all is well now.

Just these last two weeks I am seeing more cold calls relating to surveys and selling even though I am on the do not call registry.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Good to know. I have been updating ubuntu to 11 under vm ware on my server. There is a freeware RDP server for it, going add it and see what happens. I need to figure out how to address the linux vm session on my network. Still fiddling with that.
        Paul

Comment

I currently utilize an RDP session with two of the chrooted Chumbys; I had three going but one mysteriously "bit the dust" a few weeks back.

I have since tweaked out an old HS server memory such that it does well with its terminal services. Still better is a directly running HSTouch whether that be Wintel, Android or Linux (for me at least).

Just an FYI, I was updating one of my Linux Ubuntu servers to 11.04 from 10.XX via an SSH session on the laptop. Wierd because I have x windows running and keep doing stuff via ssh command line as a preference.

It took a while and I didn't look if the update was complete, closing the lid on the laptop and going to bed one night. Well I really somewhat mangled the upgrade. I am still using the server because of what its running (Apache and other stuff) but I can no longer see the console as the video is trashed; really have to get to fixing it sometime soon.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I had weird problems as well. It was supposedly doing the "easy install", but the window eventually gave me a white screen and was unresponsive. Had to reinstall.

I had to delete the vm, files and all. Had to kill vmware processes to do that

The great news is no reboots and no impact on my real copy of HS. It just keeps humming. While doing the vm ware ubuntu install, I also fired up another copy of HS in xp mode. The processors went high, but my real copy of HS responds well. I am sitting next to one of my x10 stats, I can turn the fan on/off while this is all going on, processors +85, and HS gets notified right away in the log thick client.

I have been around linux for a long time by have never really mastered it which is what this vm is for, get more experience.
            Paul

Comment

I like Linux but also never really mastered it the way that I should. I'm still trying to get used to the whole VM thing even though I would always test out new Wintel applications running in VM's at work. I really never paid much attention to the underlying infrastructure and would always just do requests for VM's to test with. At home its a different scernario; especially using a product that manages your home.

Yeah it seems like the update wiped the video drivers because my screen is white too on the Updated to Ubuntu 11.04. I can see odd streaks though when I type on the console. I'm not even running VM's on this box.

I still need to just back up my "stuff" running and do a reinstall. I didn't have any issues updating the Zoneminder box running on either the core duo or the Shuttle D510 test box.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You might want to just boot up Cynogen on the touchpad and use the native Android App.

I was trying to do this and RDP was ridiculously sluggish most likely due to my HSTouch host machine spec

Comment

Working...
                X