This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lilliput 669GL-70NP 7" touchscreen

Has anyone ever tried or seen the Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C 7" touchscreen?

http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/669gl/

I think this is a perfect size touchscreen to have on the wall to use with HSTouch. On Ebay i've seen them being sold open frame to make some kind of custom mount easier (flush mount perhaps).

Would this work if I couple this with a dedicated PC (probably low poered ATOM build) and HSTouch? Any negatives?

These work well but the cost is sometimes more than an Android tablet and those work very well as a client as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I used to run an older 7" Lilliput Touchscreen with HSTouch (VGA Input), it was OK but not fantastic so my views are from a couple of years ago and they may have changed designs. The main issue is the resistive screen, you really notice the difference if you have used a capactive one - the touch is slower to react and the resolution of the display (which might not be an issue if you use larger text, I noticed it in Windows) is a bit blurred from the screen overlay. Other thing I never really liked was the proprietary connector they used to have on the back (may have changed) that used to have everything broke out so no matter what you always had video/audio/12v/VGA dangling off the back of it, then the VGA was connector with a non standard DIN > VGA+USB cable. You may have signal issues to contend with also a need to run VGA+USB extenders.

I've got no doubts it will work, just might not be as good an interface - personally I have used Elo touchscreens at work before and not been disappointed by them, I think a few on here have flush mounted them.

Performance wise on an Atom I doubt you will have problems, I have run HS + HSTouch on my Atom PC before and performance has been more than adequate.

Comment

I have two of these 8" Liliput monitors connected to Atom based CPUs that I utilize for HSTouch. They are very well contructed and appear to be for POS machines. They have been fine now 24/7 for the last couple of years. They are built to be externally mounted though and I could probably remove them from their frames to make them easier to mount. I mentioned their purchase some time ago from geeks dot com...around maybe $100.

http://www.lilliput.cn/FA801-NP.html

Recently purchased a couple of "test" open frame 3M MTS 17" monitors. These are capacitive and a bit large. I did install one and it is doing well. It was easy to mount and frame. Thin footprint and less than $100 ($79 each).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          I have two of these 8" Liliput monitors connected to Atom based CPUs that I utilize for HSTouch. They are very well contructed and appear to be for POS machines. They have been fine now 24/7 for the last couple of years. They are built to be externally mounted though and I could probably remove them from their frames to make them easier to mount. I mentioned their purchase some time ago from geeks dot com...around maybe $100.

http://www.lilliput.cn/FA801-NP.html

Recently purchased a couple of "test" open frame 3M MTS 17" monitors. These are capacitive and a bit large. I did install one and it is doing well. It was easy to mount and frame. Thin footprint and less than $100 ($79 each).
          I was looking for something in the 7-10" range.

How is the response on the touchscreen of the liliput?

$100 would be a great deal on these, I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

It's OK and much better than the lower cost resistive touch screens that you see on Ebay. Somewhere below in another subsection of the forum I wrote a bit about it.

The one in "production" is the 3rd smaller LCD touchscreen that I have used in the same place now for about 8 years.

The "LCDsforLess" Ebay link had 6-7"/12" open frame LCDs which most likely you could purchase for less than $100. These would have MTS or ELO controller boards and are either resistive or capacitance. They are all listed though as resistive when in fact they are not all resistive.

You could also build a small pico Atom based computer and probably mount it to the back of the screen and power it via POE.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X