This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying screens between projects

I have been able to copy screens from one project to another by opening two instances of the designer with one project in one designer and the other project in the other designer. However, it does not always work.

How do you create custom templates? My thought is to take a screen make it a custom template. Then you should be able to use it to create a new screen in a different project.

Would be nice if there was an "export" and "import" option.

That would be very nice, but it doesnt really work they way it was intended. For example, take an existing screen and hit Ctrl-A to select all. From the File menu, select "Save Selection as Custom Template". Now, that template will show up under the "Custom" tab in the Elements palette. Create a new screen and try to drop it on the screen. You might get some of the elements you saved, but not the whole thing

What I typically do is create a screen that is used just as a 'template' and just copy that screen to new ones.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I think that one needs to place all of the elements in a grouping of objects. It is one of the selectable options...
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I figured out how to do it.

Create a new screen. Do not rename it at this time.

Select all of the elements on the screen you want to copy from.

Paste to the new screen. All of the elements will place properly.

Then you can rename the new screen.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
          I figured out how to do it.

Create a new screen. Do not rename it at this time.

Select all of the elements on the screen you want to copy from.

Paste to the new screen. All of the elements will place properly.

Then you can rename the new screen.

Ken
          You got it.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Actually, what Ken describes is a method for copying stuff between SCREENs. The original question was about copying between PROJECTs, which is nearly impossible.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
              Actually, what Ken describes is a method for copying stuff between SCREENs. The original question was about copying between PROJECTs, which is nearly impossible.

Steve
              Ken's method will copy the entire screen except for the background including all links, presses etc.

Or of course you can copy individual items even after the screen has been re-named.

The thing is it must be a new virgin screen that has not been renamed in order to copy an entire screen fron one project to another.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
              X