This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client start up information

I have searched for an ini file and also the registry but I can not find where the start up screen position is stored. I have incorrectly positioned the app off the screen and now can't change I have also tried starting the client with default screen and using the command line switches to force a title bar etc also I have tried switching to app using task manager. I suppose I can reinstall but since I am playing with a duel screen Xp implementation I am likely to make this mistake again!!!! So something more convenient required
    Thanks

Two tricks I've used... Click the icon in the taskbar so the app has focus. Then press Alt-Space, then press M. Then you can move the window with the cursor keys. If you're running Windows 7 then when the app has focus you can use the windows key and the cursor keys to pin the window to the screen.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Brilliant

Thanks very helpful will try as soon as I get back

Comment

I'm going to assume you got this working... BUT if not, run Regedit, then look for something similar to: [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1708537768-1303643608-725345543-207395\Software\HomeSeer Technologies LLC\HSTouch]

All the settings are stored there...

Comment

This is a stretch, but just to be sure check the Designer. When a screen is selected (no elements are selected), the position offset for the whole screen is shown. Typically that is 0, 0, but if it's not changing it may help.
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike this has given me an idea this may be a better way to shift the screen as it is more easily recovered!
            I only have one instance of this type so no need for multiple versions. I just need to make sure all screens have the same offset, since I am using only two screens and change html for more dynamic look I dont think this will be an issue. I did a re-install and after deleteing all directories it still gave me an issue so were the regestry entries deleted may be not?

Bibowoka thanks for the tip re regestry I shall file this away for the future but the manual screen shift tip did get me out of trouble I worked out how get focus on a window with no title bar as clicking on the bottom of the screen did not work...in the end I used shift+tab. thanks for all the feed back sorry for the delay in getting back but like a lot of us I am not home much
            Phill

Comment

Working...
            X