Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is hstouch client free, for windows, i got the ZEE??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is hstouch client free, for windows, i got the ZEE??

hello, sorry if this has been answered, but I am confused

for HsTouch, is the CLIENT for windows Free, for me to use with the ZEE (and does it work with the ZEE)
    if so, which is the appropriate download - is it the developer package/client, on the download page, for windows?

I did download/install the android version, to my smart phone, but owuold like to se the ZEE from a remote computer
    thanks
    nick

It is included and free. It is known as HsTouch Lite. That said it doesn't allow HSDesigner to edit the designs.

Thinking Rupp mentioned this.

I have not given it a try yet on my Zee.
    Last edited by Pete; October 14, 2013, 11:24 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Tested functions of HSTouch lite on the Zee.

1 - enabled the HSTouch plugin
      2 - changed the IP on one wintel touchscreen
      3 - created a user for said touchscreen on the Zee
      4 - checked boxes "detailed logging" and "log to file "Logs\HStouch_server.log"
      5 - attempted to connect with HSTouch client. No connection.
      6 - rebooted Zee
      7 - HSTouch client connected - many log entries - its mostly working except for some scripts.
      8 - One log entries: (didn't see the assigned temperature variables on the Wintel touchscreen)
      10/14/2013 11:14:11 AM Error Cannot run .txt script on Linux, only .vb scripts are supported
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

what item do I download??
        I don't se an HStouch lite, to download, for windows?
        sorry if i'm being neasrsighted and blind : - )
        but I don't want to download the wrong item
        thanks
        nick

Comment

what item do I download??
          I just utilized an already existing windows HS touchclient connected to the HS2 HSTouchserver.

Typically the clients are packaged with the designer. The reference to HSTouch Lite is the HSTouch server already running on the HS3 Zee box. (You have to enable it).

My HSTouch windows clients are version 1.0.0.72. I think you can download the Android client under the HSTouch for Android. It will be the default configured client.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

don't I have to install something onto the window machine, to access the hstouch server on the zee??
            i'm lost....

Comment

You have to install the HStouch windows client on the windows machine.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Install the designer/client download:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/SetupHSTouch_1_0_0_73.exe

This will create an icon on your desktop for the client and designer, just delete the designer icon.

I will be putting up a client only installer soon.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ok, got the client.
                  I apologize for being dense

but what do I enter to the login info?

it stastes port, username, and password

I have
                  a ZEE box ID LICENSE
                  and a ZEE box PASSWORD...

have a Web User Name
                  and a Web user password

and I have another password (another field, not sure where I created it for??)

which fields go where?
                  thasnk

Comment

The login info is the user you set up on the Network tab in setup on your ZEE. By default it would be:

user:default
                    pass:default

Do not change the port! The port should always be 10200.

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                    ok, got the client.
                    I apologize for being dense

but what do I enter to the login info?

it stastes port, username, and password

I have
                    a ZEE box ID LICENSE
                    and a ZEE box PASSWORD...

have a Web User Name
                    and a Web user password

and I have another password (another field, not sure where I created it for??)

which fields go where?
                    thasnk

Comment

I go to homeseer ZEE
                      IGNORE this post, it now seem st have started to work !
                      I don't hvase a clue how.

IS there a help manual for this program?

I found the different screen displays by accident; I don't mind wading through stuff but the manual, if it exists, would help
                      thanks
                      nick
                      Last edited by aoz; October 15, 2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

The help manual is in the designer. While you cannot deploy new designs using the deisgner, you can open it to view the help file.

But there isn't much to help with with the "Lite" version, you run the client, set the connection options, and then pick the layout you want. The default layouts will give you basic control of your devices.

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                        I go to homeseer ZEE
                        IGNORE this post, it now seem st have started to work !
                        I don't hvase a clue how.

IS there a help manual for this program?

I found the different screen displays by accident; I don't mind wading through stuff but the manual, if it exists, would help
                        thanks
                        nick

Comment

ARGHNHHHH !
                          was at home last evening, DID use HsTouch, from WINDOWS, to log on.
                          it logged on after some fits, and I thought I had it made !

BUT, today, from office, I am trying same settings, from the windows client, BUT it now states "cannot connect to server".

no setting changes
                          homeseer name/IP is 192.168.0.xxx

WHAT can be happening; is it me, or is it the office network that I am on??
                          any help appreciated
                          thanks
                          nick

Comment

WHAT can be happening; is it me, or is it the office network that I am on??
                            It is the office network and your home network firewall wall settings.

That said you are going through two firewalls; one at your home and one at your office.

In order to utilize HS Touch outside of your home you will need to configure the home firewall to allow Homeseer touch to talk to the Homeseer server at your home from outside your home network and similiarly configure the office network / firewall to allow the HSTouch software to talk to the internet and your Homeseer server sitting at your house.

The Zee Homeseer help file shows:

Setting Up Remote Access for the Mobile Device Interface
                            These steps should be done after completing the steps above

1.Download and install the "HSTouch" or "HSTouchPad" app from the Apple or Android stores to your mobile device.
                            2.The default web server port for HSTouch is 10200. You'll need to set up "Port Forwarding" in your network router to channel incoming connections from your mobile device to your HomeSeer system. Follow the procedure above "Forward" port 10200 to the static IP address of your HomeSeer system.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

thsnka for reply.
                              will try this tonight.

BUT, still confused

on TABLET PC windows, I set up firewall to allow HsTouch client.

Have not done anything at home yet.
                              BUT, why would I have to set up the router? reason I ask is that the HsTouch ANDROID client WORKS, and that has same port settings, so IT is getting through? wheeas the windows client is not?

that is confusing

any feedback appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X