This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Network Problem with HSTouch client

This is probably more of a networking problem but hopefully someone will have some good suggestions.

I have a Windows HS Touch client in a place that is very difficult to hardwire the network connection. The PC does not have any wireless networking. It is a miniATX form factor so no slots to add any wireless.

So I have a Linksys WET200 wireless bridge connected to the RJ45 network jack on the PC. It communicates to my Wireless Router (approximately 40 feet away)
    This worked surprisingly well for several years. We dissembled everything for a remodeling project and when we put it back together in is intermittent.

The touch screen is a small 7" display so I use a VNC connection from another PC to do maintenance etc on this PC. Intermittently I can not connect via VNC and can not ping the WET200 or the PC. It works fine for several hours then stops working and will start again in several hours. I have not found a pattern to this madness yet.

The only thing that has changed is that I added a wireless access point at the other end of the house to increase my wireless coverage (same SSID).
    Works great with my laptop all over the house.
    The router at one end is on channel 6 and the access point at the other end is on channel 11. The WET200 wireless bridge is about 1/2 way in between. It probably see's both signals but the router signal is usually a little stronger.
    I am not sure if this is related to the problem or maybe my WET200 is going bad. Too bad it is discontinued.

Anyone have any suggestions or theories as to what my problem could be?

Thanks,
Working...
X