This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to change a weather image using scripting

how do i use a sscript to set a device string with a picture?

need more information.

Are you looking to figure out how to get HST to do it, Homeseer?
    The actual command is like any other set string, but depends on where the image is located.

I'm assuming you mean (in VB .NET):
    hs.setdevicestring("devcode","http : / / this is my web address.imageext")

Format and use varies depending on who/what/where is trying to execute that.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I use HSTouch/touchscreens/variables with some of this stuff today:

Reading a variable
      [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceLastChange("z73")

reading a string
      [$SCRIPT=&hs.DeviceString("z73")]

setting a value of a string (as Dan mentions above)
      [$SCRIPT=&hs.setdevicestring("z73"),"image"]
      Over the years I have flip flopped using the above or directly with the HS integration tools provided. Not sure which uses more resources or is more or less efficient.

One of the 3rd party HS programmers has put in a lot of HSTouch features (graphics et al) in his weatherXML plugin; IE: like downloading weather graphics with the plugin, saving them for common HSTouch use etc type stuff....

There was a time where almost all my variables were done up in this fashion. I then switched them to using HST built in stuff.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X