This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection problems

I have downloaded the latest versions of client/designer and plugin.
    All was working well and I managed to get a simple interface working.
    Now I cant connect to the server. I get this message

server plugin is incorrect version or timeout getting version from server. v 1.0.0.25 or later is required

I have tried reinstalling several times - sometimes it connects for a few minutes then hangs up again.

Server is XP and clients W7.
    Any ideas anyone?

John

What versions of the plugin, designer and clients are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

designer v1.0.0.54 and client v1.0.0.33

Comment

Which plugin version?

Comment

Sorry
          that should have been plugin v1.0.0.33

Comment

Shut down HomeSeer and restart and see if there are any errors during your startup concerning HSTouch.

Comment

Same issue here. Just started in the last couple of days. Connects but after a while I get the same message on my Client machine.

HSTouch Server 1.0.0.33
              Server Unlimited 1.0.0.1
              Designer/Client 1.0.0.54
              HSPro 2.5.0.1

Comment

Have rebooted and checked the log - it seems to start up okay.

The client has connected ok too but this is what has happened before.
                I will see how long it is before it drops the connection.

Comment

Which client is disconnecting? Windows, iPhone/iTouch, Android, etc.

Comment

the client software is running on my windows 7 laptops
                    I have no other platforms to test on

Comment

Originally posted by curlywol View Post
                      the client software is running on my windows 7 laptops
                      I have no other platforms to test on
                      I've seen this message if one of my wireless clients looses it's wireless connnection.

Comment

Wireless connections are fine Rupp but I will set up my wired pc as a client and see what happens.
                        I have a RSS feed running on the pages could this create a problem or should the application carry on even if the feed is lost?

Comment

Originally posted by curlywol View Post
                          Wireless connections are fine Rupp but I will set up my wired pc as a client and see what happens.
                          I have a RSS feed running on the pages could this create a problem or should the application carry on even if the feed is lost?
                          I'm not aware of any issues with RSS feeds but I only use the weather RSS feed so I'm not sure if this has any affect or not.

Comment

The problem is caused when I run a script from a button action.
                            Although the script runs fine in HS2 it is crashing HS touch server. All other scripts are running fine. I have got around it by running it from an event trigger.

Comment

Working...
                            X