X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Problems - Never connected with latest Revs

Hi all.

I downloaded the latest revisions of the HSTouch Plug-in (server) 1.0.0.33 and HSTouch Client 1.0.0.54.

I've gone through everything I can think of to get them to connect, but I cannot get it to work.

I am running the HST client directly on my HS2 PC.

When I restart HS2 I get an error message in the log. It reads:
    HSTouch Server - Failed registration of GENERIC EVENT callback: Public member 'RegisterGenericEventCB' on type 'hsapplication' not found.
    Also, when I try to run the client I get the following error message:
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.17:10200
    Am I the only one with these issues? Anyone offer some help?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running HomeSeer 2 version 2.2.0.66

Thanks.

Comment

This version of HomeSeer is too old to run the newer releases of HSTouch. Try upgrading to the latest version of HomeSeer from here and try again. http://www.homeseer.com/downloads

Comment

Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Comment

Nope....no love. Installed the HS2 v2.5.0.4 but same errors.

Both the client and the designer give the "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.17:10200" error message.

This time however there are no errors in the HS log.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by AZshooter View Post
              Nope....no love. Installed the HS2 v2.5.0.4 but same errors.

Both the client and the designer give the "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.17:10200" error message.

This time however there are no errors in the HS log.

Larry
              This is typically caused by a firewall or antivirus software blocking access or invalid information in your clients connection information. IE user name or password.

Comment

I have closed my virus software and the firewall. No good.

Just to restate - I am trying to run the HST client and designer software on the same machine that I run HS2.

I've tried several combinations of "HomeSeer Name or IP Address" entries in these programs:
                HomeAuto2 (my machine name)
                192.168.1.17 (my local IP)
                localhost

None of them work. I get the message that the target machine is actively refusing the connection.

Larry

Comment

Does the designer connect ok on the HomeSeer pc?

Comment

What port is the connection set to? It should be 10200. The user name and password should be an admin account as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Does the designer connect ok on the HomeSeer pc?
                      Neither the designer nor the client connect to the server, which is located on the same machine (my HomeSeer 2 machine).

I don't know whether this is relevant, but I "remote desktopping" into that box in order to develop touchscreens and configure HS and HST.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        What port is the connection set to? It should be 10200. The user name and password should be an admin account as well.

I have configured both the designer and the client to use port 10200. Even though I am running on the same box as HS2 I also forward that port to the HS2 box's IP address.

Comment

If neither are connecting then something is not configured correctly or something is blocking access. I would try uninstalling all your HSTouch software and reload using the latest version of each from http://www.homeseer.com/downloads and see if this helps. The designer should connect out of the box with no changes on your local HS pc.

Comment

Well, after I removed and reinstalled of all things HST I am now connecting to the server with designer on the local HS machine, and remotely with my iPad.

I have not tried the remote connection (from outside my LAN) which will require the port forwarding on my router and the use of a friendly URL (DynDNS.org).

I'll try that out later.

Thanks for the help Rupp.

Comment

Glad you got this sorted. Now have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X