This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Screen Not Updating

Is there a file used by HStouch to update the values of devices, or does HStouch query the main database for device values?
    I have a number of touch screens all running the same HStouch file and all pointing to the same HS server, but on occasions they do not all update with the same information - ie when a device is switched on, it may show as on on one screen and off on another screen.

Alternatively - is there a way to force the HSTouch client to refresh?

Welcome to six months of my life being plagued by this, I figured out what was causing it in the end and managed to work around it. The screen action to show a screen on top of another screen would look the nicest but in fact cached all of the screens values. When the new screen loaded it would be in the same state as before and the devices that changed whilst the screen was not showing would not be changed. If the device changed with the screen showing then it would update.

It is entirely reproduceable and I posted a video on here of it (I think), in the end I found that for me the workaround was to use the action of showing a screen by itself. This has a slight graphical problem on my client that ends up with me seeing a snapshot of the background as the old screen is closed and the new screen is opened. It does however load a new copy of the screen and the element values are up to date.

It may not be the problem in your case but it was in mine and could be somewhere to start, it was driving me insane at one point.

Comment

Does this look similar to what you are suffering with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFNWwwU79lM or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpnizIjC1EM

Comment

The second video echoes pretty much what I am seeing - (the one where the central heating switches do not reflect the current status of the device).
        It seems to be only certain devices on my system which suffer this issue - in the past I have had some success deleting the device from HS and re-creating it - but that is messy and takes an age to reprogram events and HSTouch pages.
        I only use the option to show one screen at a time and have not experimented that much as it appeared to be intermittent. I will explore some more - but if anyone has any ideas where the data is coming from or how to force an update it might help.

Comment

Not that I could find I am afraid (data refresh), I tried a number of things - I even had events set up that simulated a press/release on some elements on the screen which usually updated them but I could not do this with elements that were controlling devices. I tried putting hidden script commands on the page that generated random numbers every second in case this tricked them into updated but no luck with that either.

I never tried deleting the device but there should not be a need to, if you enable debug mode in HSTouch you will usually find its status is being broadcast to the HSTouch port so the problem is somewhere in the client.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder if it is anything to do with my anti virus - maybe its blocking the port.

I will check tonight when I return home.

Comment

Originally posted by richardo View Post
              Hmm... I wonder if it is anything to do with my anti virus - maybe its blocking the port.

I will check tonight when I return home.
              Hi Ricardo,
              I am having similar problem in window client.
              My lighting screen have lighting devices with slider to adjust the dimming level, and adjust the alpha level of a light bulb image to show the graphical dimming status. When the screen open. I can see the slider is in the actual current lighting dimming status. But the lighting bulb image is not. It seem like the slider is not able to adjust the lighting bulb image alpha level on the opening of the screen. This is not the case in iPad. In iPad client, everything works flawlessly.
              Is it due to the graphic handling in the window client? Or it is a bug in the window client plugin?
              Hope you might able to help me out in this.

Regards,

YF

Comment

Working...
              X