This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited won't install and other probs

Ever since I updated to the latest 1.0.0.58 version of the plug-in my system has been going down hill fast.

When I installed the new server update I also installed UltraWeatherBug and I think this may be where things went haywire.

I can not connect to HSTouch with any of my WCE touch screens or my Android phone. It all worked flawlessly before for several years.

In the last couple of hours I deleted everything having to do with HSTouch and UltraWeatherBug and a few other plug-ins I have not been using and ran Gogs batch files to clean up the registry.

I then reinstalled HSTouch and HSTouch Unlimited and the Unlimited plug-in will not install. I've tried it twice and rebooted a few times. It does not show up.

Now, I just saw this in the log:
    "8/22/2012 10:55:10 AM - HSTouch Server - Weatherbug access requires an API key, please enter your key in the HSTouch plugin settings. Get a free key from weatherbug.com.

This is interesting, since UltraWeatherBug is no longer on my system.

I was just looking at my homeseer directory and found a new HomeSeer directory. I now have two. The name of the directory I have been using is "HomeSeer HS2" and the new one is "HomeSeer 2". And, guess what the Unlimited files are all alone in the new HomeSeer 2 directory.

What next??

I had to reinstall HSTouch and then uninstall it and delete anything left having to do with HSTouch and rebooted and restarted HS a few times and finally got the system cleaned of HSTouch and UltraWeatherBug. I still can not connect with my touch screens or my Android phone. I can connect just fine with a PC either remotely or locally. I think there might be a bug in the server version 10.0.0.58

Comment

Have a look at this thread and see if anything jumps out.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150414
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp for a response. I've been getting the feeling that I'm in this all alone.

The only thing I see in these instructions is a little confusion regarding these two statements:
        1. HSTouch Server (required for all systems except HomeTroller-SE)
        2. HSTouch Server Unlimited (for PRO systems only. HSTouch Server must ALSO be installed)

I have both HSTouch Server and the HSTouch Server Unlimited plug-ins installed. I don't have a HomeTroller-SE or any other kind of HomeTroller and I don't have a PRO system either.

Does statement 2 mean that HSTouch Server should not be installed unless you have a PRO system??

I've been running both of these plug-ins for years without any problems until last week when I used the updater to update the HSTouch plug-in to 10.0.0.58.

I think there is a bug in the new version. But, why am I the only one with the problem??

Comment

You need both enabled. HSTouch server is require and HSTouch unlimited adds unlimited connections. Are there any errors in your HomeSeer.log file when you restart HomeSeer indicating an issue with either of these plugins? Have you tried reinstalling the HSTouch server plugin? First uninstalling it via the add/remove programs or equivalent.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have been working this problem for over a week now. In that time I have uninstalled it and re-installed it at least six times.

There are no errors reported.

When I try to connect with a touch screen the splash screen on the touch screen says "Connecting with Server 10.0.0.57"
            The HS log says
            8/24/2012 8:36:06 AM - HSTouch Server - Opening connection from:192.168.114.221/1025
            8/24/2012 8:36:07 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE (192.168.114.221/1025) named Kitchen has CONNECTED.
            8/24/2012 8:36:09 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE (192.168.114.221/1025) named Kitchen has CONNECTED.
            8/24/2012 8:36:10 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE:Kitchen (192.168.114.221/1025) has raised LineDisconnected.
            8/24/2012 8:36:10 AM - HSTouch Server - Client WindowsCE named Kitchen has DISCONNECTED.

When I try to connect with the Android phone, I don't see anything in the log.

Comment

I see similiar messages with my XP HSTouch wireless client run HSTouch V.72. I have my "test" CE 6.0 CUWIN5200 wired using POE. It is running V.72 and VNC doing fine after playing a bit with the Homeseer Client registry entries.

What do you see in the registry entries under HCU/Software/Homeseer Technologies LLC?
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                When I try to connect with the Android phone, I don't see anything in the log.

You may find that in addition to the aforementioned HST server plugins, you'll need the hstouch_android plugin. Also if you have an iPhone or iPod, the hstouch_iphone plugin.

Re the first post: The Weatherbug API is required by HSTouch if your projects use Weatherbug. It may whine about this regardless, not sure. It has nothing to do with UltraWeatherbug. You'll have to apply for the API on the weatherbug site then let HST know about it in the HSTouch Server plugin config. It's relatively painless. The painful part is locating all instances in your projects where the old API may still be hard coded.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

My touch screens are HST-IW07 which have been working fine for many years as well as my Android phone but not now that I have updated the HSTouch server to 1.0.0.58. I can connect with no problems with any PC either locally or remotely with the Client or the Designer.

My HS PC has all the latest XP updates including .Net Framework updates. I've uninstalled all of the HSTouch plug-ins and re-installed them several times. I've rebooted the machine many times. The HSTouch, HSTouch Unlimited and the Android plug-ins are all installed. My Android phone has the latest version.

When I try to connect with one of my HST-IW07 touch screens the HS log shows it connecting and then it disconnects immediately. The Touch screen shows an error that says the server has either timed out or it is not the correct version. I can ping the HS machine just fine from the touch screen. I would look at the registry entries, but the touch screen does not have regedit on it. How can I access the registry??

I found that my Android would not connect with the demo server but I could ping it so I re-installed it and voila, it started working!!

I had thought that the problem was the HSTouch server plug-in has a bug, but now I think it's something hinky with the install of the app on the remote device making it incompatible with the new server version. Now, I need to re-install the app on my touch screens.
                  Last edited by noopara; August 25, 2012, 11:11 AM. Reason: I got my Android working

Comment

Working...
                  X