This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hstouch plugin won't install because old cannot removed

I upgraded Hstouch designer to version10072 but when I installed the new plugin version 10058 the error I get is The older version Homeseer plugin Hstouch cannot be removed I manually removed the dll which is HSPI_HSTOUCH.dll and reinstall the plugin I get the same error The plugindoes show up in the homeseer folder though. Does anyone see what I I am missing Thanks in advance

You need to use the program and features control panel option to remove the HSTouch suite.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Plugin mismatch cont'd

additional information If I copy the dll into the Homeseer folder and start Homeseer it shows up in plugins and can be activated But when I run Hstouch Designer the error is that the plugin is the wrong version although it is 10058 which is the newest Any tips appreciated Kevin

Comment

Did you uninstall all HSTouch components and then reinstall the latest?

Comment

Rupp,
          I have exactly the same problem. Can't upgrade because the old version will not uninstall. Tried control panel's add/remove programs - same story. Downloaded old msi, which is still in downloads (.58), pointed to that file during uninstall -- still get error that it is not a valid installation package!!! Tired of this. Happens almost each and every time something needs to be upgraded. Just like Java, which I haven't been able to upgrade for 6 months now...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
            Rupp,
            I have exactly the same problem. Can't upgrade because the old version will not uninstall. Tried control panel's add/remove programs - same story. Downloaded old msi, which is still in downloads (.58), pointed to that file during uninstall -- still get error that it is not a valid installation package!!! Tired of this. Happens almost each and every time something needs to be upgraded. Just like Java, which I haven't been able to upgrade for 6 months now...
            Sounds like you may need to rebuild this sever if you are seeing this issue with other software as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Sounds like you may need to rebuild this sever if you are seeing this issue with other software as well.
              Darn... That sounds complex and ominous. Everything does work, so motivation to change is low... But... Other plugins install just fine. For example, all of Blade's plugins and Ultra's plugins update - via installer just like HSTouch - without difficulty. Java will not and HSTouch will not. Also similar to both - can't uninstall via add/remove programs in HomeTroller Pro's limited Win XP. Besides, I am hardly alone with this issue. Is the only solution for everyone - to completely reformat and reinstall everything, then restore from backup?!

Comment

Working...
              X