This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Client dropped connection" errors

Lately I often run into errors with all my HSTouch clients drop the connection with errors like
    Code:
    Client dropped connection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1234
    Client hs2:hs2 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1234) has raised LineDisconnected.
    Opening connectio from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/4898
    Client hs2 named hs2 has DISCONNECTED
    This occurs with a HSTouch Windows Client on the same server as HS2 is running or any remote client. New clients or even the HSTouch Designer once in this endless loop cannot connect anymore.

I disabled some plugins and device polling to see if that helps identifying the problem. I am using the latest version of HSPro (.60) and Clients (Windows and iPad/iPhone). CPU utilization remains low.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Also, once this endless loop starts of connection attempts and disconnects, the HS2 resources utilization goes way up to the point of having to reboot. In the screenshot below, the resource utilization (System Committed Memory, System Virtual Memory, HomeSer Virtual Memory/Adress Space and HomeSeer Handles) at the end of charts starts exactly at the time the HSTouch server plug-in message appear in the log.
    Attached Files

Do you have any wireless windows clients?

I noticed that my only wireless client (well its linux but may aswell be windows) was regularly disconnecting which seemed to get the server plugin into a bit of a confused state where the wired clients would also be knocked out. Sometimes it appeared a bit like a chase, the wireless client would go, then both the wired ones, then it would reconnect, then the wired ones would and repeated that for hours.

I am pleased to say I devoted a bit of time to it last week, tried replacing the wireless card in the Joggler (I am still having the nightmares) but in the end I simply moved my wireless antenna 45 degrees to point in the direction of the client and my problems have been solved.

I have a stable HS system, no more rapid disconnect/reconnects and I am happy again. I don't know whether HSTouch is just a little more sensitive to wireless signals dropping?

These are the connection times;

joggler:kitchen Connected (4 days 14 hours 23 minutes)
    joggler:Bedroom Connected (4 days 14 hours 41 minutes)
    joggler:Lounge Connected (4 days 14 hours 41 minutes)

Comment

PCP,

I am having the same issue for the past 3 or 4 months. I also replied to the hs 2.0.0.60 thread.
      I am a fan of your plugin, but I am getting an impression your plugin might in my case be part of this happening. Each time my Ipad or Iphone is connecting to the LMS with Ipeng, the plugin sees this and adds the player. Within 3 minutes HSTouch starts disconnecting.
      Could this be because of adding another Music API player? Or could this be the polling frequency of player getting to high for the recources of the machine maybe?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it including the HSTouch/Music API callbacks from the squeezeox plugin that occur when such player connect/disconnect events occur.

Comment

Phillipe,

Just make sure to realise that it might not be your plugin alone, but it could also be the HSTouch plugin not handling changes in the number of Music Api's well. I do not know where the issue lies. You might want to include Rich in this.
          It also might be an issue with Ipeng ofcourse, as this program is using playback on the Iphone since a few months too as new function. This is to me confusing the analysis.

Regards,
          \
          Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

FYI, I am having similar issues and use the latest beta of the SB plugin. I tried disabling the SB plugin and almost immediatly started getting the following error:

11/7/2012 8:53:29 AM Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/squeezebox?pg=csv

Maybe this has to do with SB making calls to HS with the plugin disabled but I wasn't sure if this somehow might be related to the HSTouch connection issue.

Comment

As you say this message is because the LMS is querying HS2 for updates fo the screensavers. Since the HS2 SB plugin is down, the page cannot be served.

There is a new SB plugin version in the updater as of earlier this week. Have you tried it this one?

Comment

I am using 2.2.0.0 which seems to be the most current.

Comment

Working...
                X