This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch "connection with server lost" error message

Out of the blue I've started getting the message on my iphone "connection with server lost" and then underneath it says NSCFString substringFromIndex:}: Range or index out of bounds.

Read on the forum a tip to delete "Device_State.bin" but that did not resolve the error.

Any ideas?

Bill

Switched to a different homeseer config file, restarted homeseer and the error message stopped displaying. So the cause is somewhere in my config.

Begin process of elimination now...

Comment

Error doesn't show up in windows hstouch client.
      Still looking...

Comment

Error displays on iphone and ipad immediately upon connection. Log shows the following entry at about the same time.

12/22/2012 9:29:32 AM - HSTouch Server Deb - 09:29:32:7988 ~ Got GetINISetting request data from default:default : COMMAND|3|GETINISETTING|Settings|longitude|settings.ini

Comment

It appears your setup may be corrupted. Do you have a recent backup to restore? Maybe try just your settings.ini file to start with.

Comment

The problem is no longer happening. I deleted the WeatherXML plugin and the issue abated.
            At least its now stable but will need to figure out how to integrate weather.

Comment

NSCFString error

Suddenly getting the same error. Tried a different settings.ini file, still have the error. Should I delete Weather plug-in?

Comment

Working...
              X