Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas on connecting Feit SmartBulbs to HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas on connecting Feit SmartBulbs to HS?

Does anyone know how to connect Feit Smart Bulbs to Homeseer? The bulbs appear to be controlled through the Wifi network, and can be controlled with Google Home or Alexa, or with the Feit mobile app (link). I'd like to connect these to Homeseer if possible, but I'm unclear how that would be accomplished. I do not have a Google home hub or Alexa device in the house.

Ideas?
    Smart wifi bulbs that work with Google Home and Alexa. The bulbs can be controlled from anywhere and can be adjusted for color temperature and color.

I believe these bulbs are Tuya OEM, so my Tuya plugin will drive them. The plugin is in beta, but you are welcome to try it. Copy this updater_override.txt file to your HS directory, then click update listing . The plugin should show available to install. This beta expires end of March 19, but I am doing regular releases (and pretty close to a final initial release). Note you will not be able to use the Feit app and the the plugin at the same time (the bulbs will only be visible to one or the other, even with the same email used to register due to how Tuya manages the backend. But any HS mobile app will show them, which (IMHO) is better than having a separate app for them anyhow)

Feel free to PM me any questions or bugs...

http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt

Comment

Ok I received both the Feit color bulb (R30 type) and a Feit 60w White bulb labeled Smart Wifi Bulb. These immediately linked as Tuya devices and were picked up by the plugin. My guess is your laptop when you tried to register may have been on 5ghz? Can you try again when you have time?

Comment

Do they have to go through the cloud or can the plugin talk directly to the lights?
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.531 | Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:02:17 UTC 2019)
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 417 | Number of Events: 667 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins: AirplaySpeak: 3.0.0.13 | BLBackup: 2.0.61.0 | EasyTrigger: 3.0.0.65 | LiftMaster MyQ: 1.3.7006.42100
        mcsMQTT: 4.0.2.2 | PHLocation2: 3.0.0.53 | Pushover 3P: 0.0.0.45 | Z-Wave: 3.0.1.262

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 using a HomeSeer SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3)

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          Do they have to go through the cloud or can the plugin talk directly to the lights?
          The need to connect to the cloud to register, but once registered if on the same network it defaults to local TCP direct control. If not on the same network MQTT via cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

The need to connect to the cloud to register, but once registered if on the same network it defaults to local TCP direct control. If not on the same network MQTT via cloud.
            That works for me. I've been waiting for them to make a color version in a PAR30 short neck although I might be able to make a the BR30 fit. No one it seems makes a color retrofit yet.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.531 | Mono JIT compiler version 5.20.1.19 (tarball Thu Apr 11 09:02:17 UTC 2019)
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 3 08:28:49 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            IP Address: 10.0.2.16 | Number of Devices: 417 | Number of Events: 667 | Available Threads: 399 | HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins: AirplaySpeak: 3.0.0.13 | BLBackup: 2.0.61.0 | EasyTrigger: 3.0.0.65 | LiftMaster MyQ: 1.3.7006.42100
            mcsMQTT: 4.0.2.2 | PHLocation2: 3.0.0.53 | Pushover 3P: 0.0.0.45 | Z-Wave: 3.0.1.262

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 using a HomeSeer SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3)

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
              Ok I received both the Feit color bulb (R30 type) and a Feit 60w White bulb labeled Smart Wifi Bulb. These immediately linked as Tuya devices and were picked up by the plugin. My guess is your laptop when you tried to register may have been on 5ghz? Can you try again when you have time?
              I will try again when I'm back at the house. We just left today to head back home Next chance will be for spring break in March. I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
              X