Feedback/use of GE Motion sensor integrated switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback/use of GE Motion sensor integrated switches

anybody using these and how do you like them?
    https://www.amazon.com/GE-Occupancy-...14&sr=8-1&th=1

Moving to a new house. Current setup uses stand along motion sensors. To be clear, I don't do a lot of motion events (little WAF), but do like it in areas like the garage, etc.

do these work well enough I could eliminate the extra device?

thanks.

I have a few of these running in bathrooms. I don't use them to control the load directly but separate the motion from the device control and use events. i LOVE them and bonus the cats and dogs don't trigger them like my ceiling mounted ones.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I also have 2 of these in small bathrooms and they work well. I can't comment on how it would work in a larger space like a garage.
      -Wade

Comment

We have a dark hallway through our house and a dog that loves to sleep right in the path through a door. I use the dimmer version of these to bring the light on dim when motion is detected so we can see the dog and not trip with a timed shutoff. If we press the on button, the light comes up to full brightness and stays on until manually turned off.

The only obnoxious thing is that the dimmer version is finicky when you put it into manual mode. Sometimes it won't report motion events when placed into this mode. Switching the mode to vacancy and then back to motion seems to clear it up. This isn't an ongoing problem; just something that can happen during setup.

Comment

thanks everyone!

Comment

You just cost me money. ;-) I just bought 4 motion switches, 2 motion dimmers, and 2 companions 3 ways. I'm near the end of replacing everything in the house and I hadn't done the last couple areas because I was trying to figure out how I'd make presence sensing work with zero batteries involved. I kind of wish they sold a motion companion switch too for the scenario I have.

p.s. I wasn't even thinking - I could just set up a switch with no load and write events to make it work as a companion. It's nice to have software behind this. The only time it wouldn't work is if homeseer was down. But this is a neat hack/thought for me - no need to have a physical connection to the other switch and as long as there is a computer controlled switch anywhere I can make a virtual companion (including a motion one) for it. nice.

Comment

Originally posted by davequick View Post
              p.s. I wasn't even thinking - I could just set up a switch with no load and write events to make it work as a companion. It's nice to have software behind this. The only time it wouldn't work is if homeseer was down. But this is a neat hack/thought for me - no need to have a physical connection to the other switch and as long as there is a computer controlled switch anywhere I can make a virtual companion (including a motion one) for it. nice.
              You are correct. I do that with my stairs lighting and it works great.

I have one motion dimmer at the bottom of the stairs wired to the load (lights) and another motion dimmer at the top of the stairs with no load. Homeseer Events take into account both motion sensors (and time of day and sleep/wake mode to decide what brightness level to set the light to and how long to keep it on); the top dimmer is linked to the bottom dimmer in HS so it works as a companion dimmer... no wires.

Comment

Working...
              X