Philips Releases the HUE bulbs with Bluetooth Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Releases the HUE bulbs with Bluetooth Support

Announced today, and from I understand, available today you can now order Philips HUE bulbs, both A10 and BR30's that do not require a HUE hub and directly can be controlled by your BlueTooth mobile phone. If ordered from Amazon, Alexa will automatically recognize them as soon as you screw them in. From what the article says, they are also backwards compatible and will still work with a HUB as well.

And the best, no change in price at all. Standard white for $15 bucks, White color temperature changeable for $25 and the fully color changing bulbs are still $50. The While color temperature BR30's still come in a 2 pack for $45 as well.

https://www.cnet.com/news/philips-hu...ont-need-a-hub

I think you'll get basic functions without any mesh. I Hope it will not change the performance on the zigbee part, And i think it'll be good for casual users, or users that just need 1-5 bulbs.

Comment

I would rather see a device capacity upgrade for the Hue Bridge similar to what Lutron just did with Caseta.

Comment

Rumors are that if you skipped Caseta because of the 50 device limit, that Lutron is going to up the 100 device limit on the Radio RA+ hub to 150.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          Rumors are that if you skipped Caseta because of the 50 device limit, that Lutron is going to up the 100 device limit on the Radio RA+ hub to 150.
          No rumor it's valid and public released now.

Comment

Working...
          X