Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
    First, you put the led's in your favorite dancer's hands. Start the music, and then say, dance to the color of the led's.

    Works everytime
    LOL

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by vasco View Post
      I test this module now for almost two weeks. Installed HS2 Plug-in version 1.0.2.0 and it's still running fine. No problems like huggy_d1 with the power suply but I use one that can give more than enough (5 amp@12 volt) for the used LED strip. The strip here is single color warm white 5 meter 24 watt total so it draws 2 amp max at 12 volt.
      ...
      Kevin-Lo, you made a beautiful module for LED strips with (HomeSeer) domotica control and I will recommend it to all my friends.
      Which strips are you using? Link? I can see cases for warm white around the house. I like the ones I'm using because they are relatively inexpensive, but for white light applications, drawing 1/3 the current, that'd be great.

      With any single color, I draw 2A at max current. It was only when I asked for max brightness for simulated white, or all 3 RGB on did it draw 6A and burn up the 5A supply.

      It is now time to install the strip behind the TV and test the right max intensity as it relates to the current room light level.

      When I power up the TV/Pioneer AVR/etc., the led's run through a relatively random set of colors relative to a max intensity level - based on room luminance sensor (HSM-100).

      If I could set a max intensity level like I do for fade rate, I could then issue ON commands and they just go to that max intensity level. Outdoors I might want 100%, but indoors, but as you already noticed, 15-20% is more than enough for most effects.

      I have to agree with your assessment of Kevin's LED controller.

      What I have noticed is that setting any single color to off takes a little while and HS needs to wait. Setting the fade rate also takes a little while and HS needs to wait. When I create loops, I made sure and put those that need waiting outside my loops and things go very smoothly.

      I have noticed that for some events when HS is pegging the CPU to 100% for other tasks, the plugin ends up lagging. Maybe if I set the LED events to be a priority event they will not be as affected and will feel more fluid.

      No further troubles to report with the unit. It just works.

      Couple of things to note for HS2 users accessing the plug-in...

      1. Do not check the box to wait for a script to end as it does not show any compiler errors.
      2. Using tenholde's VB.net tool to debug the scripts is hit or miss as to what works and what does not work for the plugin. I get serialization errors when running the script via tenholde's plugin, but no errors when HS2 runs the script. Also, any VB.net script command HS2 executes needs to be on one line. tenholde's tool will successfully compile even if you press enter between parameters. HS2 will complain (see #1 above about how you find out about the complaints) .
      huggy_d1

      Automating made easy

      Comment


      • #93
        What RGB led strips are you using with the controller, Links would be nice very interested in what others are using for lights

        Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

        Comment


        • #94
          This RGB light controller is amazing. It was really easy to setup and the Winamp plug in is pretty cool if your a music lover. I can definitely see a few more of these in my setup.

          It also responds very quickly in changing colors. now just to get teh scripting commands figured out LOL

          Thanks Kevin AWESOME JOB!!!
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by kenrad View Post
            This RGB light controller is amazing. It was really easy to setup and the Winamp plug in is pretty cool if your a music lover. I can definitely see a few more of these in my setup.

            It also responds very quickly in changing colors. now just to get teh scripting commands figured out LOL

            Thanks Kevin AWESOME JOB!!!
            Here's a simple script that sets the color based on R,G,B input. It scaled to current light level, or you can hard code the setting in a virtual device and set the value to whatever light level (0.00-100.00%, or in HS device terms, 0 to 10000). This allows the light output to match current room lighting.

            PHP Code:
                Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)
                    
            '====================================================================
                    '
                    '  Sets the rgb color according to ratio of supplied rgb colors
                '  
            but still respects the max intensity settings using
                    
            '  wifi rgb controller 
                    '
                '  parameters : Red|Green|Blue
                '  
            example Main("96,48,32")
                    
            '
                    '  
            writes to HS log if an error occurs
                
            '
                    '
            ====================================================================

                
            '--------------------------------------------------------------------
                ' 
            CONSTANTS
                
            '--------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Const sRED As String                 = "Red"
                    Const sGREEN As String                 = "Green"
                    Const sBLUE As String                 = "Blue"

                    Const sON As String                 = "On"
                    Const sOFF As String                 = "Off"

                    Const Client As Integer             = 1
                ' 
            Set to HS2 device code, or to a virtual device you control to set max
                
            ' level, perhaps set via script
                ' 
            Q13 ###.## with the . implied, so 100% = 10000 in Q13
                
            Const LightLevelDevice As String         "Q13"
                    
            Const pluginName As String             "WifiRGB (3P)"
                    
            Const LogHeader As String             "rgbWifi_Controller1"

                '--------------------------------------------------------------------
                ' 
            VARIABLES
                
            '--------------------------------------------------------------------

                Dim parms As String()
                Dim RedCmd As Integer
                Dim GreenCmd As Integer
                Dim BlueCmd As Integer
                
                    Dim MaxIntensity As Integer = 255

                Dim LightBasedIntensity As Integer

                Dim LightLevel As Integer 

                '
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                
            ' Program code
                '
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

                
            parms Split(Params,",")
                If 
            parms.Length 1 then
                    RedCmd 
            CInt(parms(0))
                    
            GreenCmd CInt(parms(1))
                    
            BlueCmd CInt(parms(2))
                
                    
            LightLevel hs.DeviceValue(LightLevelDevice)

                    
            RedCmd RedCmd LightLevel 10000
                    GreenCmd 
            GreenCmd LightLevel 10000
                    BlueCmd 
            BlueCmd LightLevel 10000

                    LightBasedIntensity 
            = (MaxIntensity LightLevel)/10000
                    hs
            .Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(ClientRedCmd GreenCmd BlueCmd )
                    
            hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"LightLevel Estimate : " CStr(LightBasedIntensity) & ". Levels set to R="&CStr(RedCmd)&", G="&CStr(GreenCmd)&", B="&CStr(BlueCmd))
                Else
                    
            hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"Parameter issue.  Received "&parms.ToString)
                
            End If
                
            End Sub 
            huggy_d1

            Automating made easy

            Comment


            • #96
              Here is a script I run when the TV powers ON that is timed to display various LED controller features while the Harmony remote turns on all the various devices and they perform their own POST routines.

              PHP Code:
              Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)
                  
              '====================================================================
                  '
                  '  Performs a visual PowerOnSelfTest (POST) to display some of the
                  '  
              rgb controller and LED strip capabilities
                  
              '
                  '
                  '  writes to HS log if an error occurs
                  '
              ====================================================================

                  
              '--------------------------------------------------------------------
                  ' 
              CONSTANTS
                  
              '--------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Const sRED As String = "Red"
                  Const sGREEN As String = "Green"
                  Const sBLUE As String = "Blue"

                  Const sON As String = "On"
                  Const sOFF As String = "Off"

                  Const Client As Integer = 1

                  Const pluginName As String = "WifiRGB (3P)"

                  '
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  
              ' VARIABLES
                  '
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

                  
              Dim MaxRedIntensity As Integer
                  Dim MaxGreenIntensity 
              As Integer
                  Dim MaxBlueIntensity 
              As Integer

                  Dim LogHeader 
              As String "rgbWifi_Controller1"

                  
              Dim RedHalfIntensity As Integer
                  Dim GreenHalfIntensity 
              As Integer
                  Dim BlueHalfIntensity 
              As Integer

                  Dim LightBasedIntensity 
              As Integer

                  Dim RandomRedColor 
              As New Random(30876)
                  
              Dim RandomGreenColor As New Random(6456)
                  
              Dim RandomBlueColor As New Random(6368)

                  
              Dim i,j,As Integer            ' loop index variables

                  Dim LightLevel As Integer 

                  '
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  
              ' Program code
                  '
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

                  
              LightLevel hs.DeviceValue("Q13")

                  
              LightBasedIntensity = (255 LightLevel)/10000
                  hs
              .WriteLog(LogHeader"LightLevel Estimate : " CStr(LightBasedIntensity))

                  
              MaxRedIntensity LightBasedIntensity
                  MaxGreenIntensity 
              LightBasedIntensity
                  MaxBlueIntensity 
              LightBasedIntensity

                  
              ' Establish 1/2 full allowed brightness for fade testing
                  RedHalfIntensity = MaxRedIntensity / 2
                  GreenHalfIntensity = MaxGreenIntensity / 2
                  BlueHalfIntensity = MaxBlueIntensity / 2

                  hs.WriteLog(LogHeader, "POST Started")
                  '
              hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"Wifi RGB LED Controller FW Ver " CStr(hs.Plugin(pluginName).FWVersion(Client)))

                  
              hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(ClientRedHalfIntensityGreenHalfIntensity BlueHalfIntensity )

                  
              hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsREDsOFF)
                  
              hs.WaitSecs(1.25)
                  
              hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsGREENsOFF)
                  
              hs.WaitSecs(1.25)
                  
              hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsBLUEsOFF)
                  
              hs.WaitSecs(1.25)

                  
              hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetFadeRate(Client16)
                  For 
              1 To 10       '  Loop to randomly assign colors

                      hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(Client, RandomRedColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity), RandomGreenColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity), RandomBlueColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity))
                      hs.WaitSecs(0.1)

                  Next
                  hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(Client, RedHalfIntensity+10, GreenHalfIntensity+5, BlueHalfIntensity)
              End Sub 
              huggy_d1

              Automating made easy

              Comment


              • #97
                Kevin Lo,

                I today I received a few new sets of RGB led's the same layout as the ones that you sent with the controller.

                I am still having the same issue with only the red channel lighting. I have moved the red channel to the different colors and it also comes on there but it will not light the other colors.

                any idea what the issue might be. at first I thought it might be a bad led strip but now that I have tried more strips I can't believe that they are all bad is there a way to test only the strip with out the controller

                Cheers Ken


                EDIT: error was on my end it was a failing power supply
                Last edited by kenrad; December 31st, 2013, 06:21 PM.
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                  Kevin Lo,

                  I today I received a few new sets of RGB led's the same layout as the ones that you sent with the controller.

                  I am still having the same issue with only the red channel lighting. I have moved the red channel to the different colors and it also comes on there but it will not light the other colors.

                  any idea what the issue might be. at first I thought it might be a bad led strip but now that I have tried more strips I can't believe that they are all bad is there a way to test only the strip with out the controller

                  Cheers Ken


                  EDIT: error was on my end it was a failing power supply
                  I have had to replace one 5A 12VDC power supply already and recently ordered 2 more of them from amazon. They list them as LCD power adapters, 12VDC 6A output, and once you cut the plug end off, it wires to the wifi LED controller from Kevin Lo without further problems. WAF is gradually increasing with the various LED strips around the house.

                  Took a while to get the light intensity properly integrated for the TV background lighting effect. My original script above needed a little adjustment at lower light levels to boost output. It seems the LED strip light output does not feel linear to the human eye, so I boost it at lower levels and as the room lighting increases, less boost is required for the proper effect.

                  Now working on a raspberry pi control scheme for the K.Lo wifi controller, albeit slowly. Will post python source if anyone is interested, but that may be many weeks away.
                  huggy_d1

                  Automating made easy

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    I would really like to have the Kevin Lo controller with a hard wired Ethernet option (or even serial port) instead of having to use wifi.
                    Last edited by Automated; January 9th, 2014, 12:26 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Automated View Post
                      I would really like to have the Kevin Lo controller with a hard wired Ethernet option (or even serial port) instead of having to use wifi.
                      Yes , it already have. I plan to sell into two version.
                      One is Wifi version. (User can access via Wifi or X10 \ PLCBUS interface)

                      One is Non-Wifi version. (Actually is the same controller , but I didn't install the Wifi module , so user can access via TTL or X10 \ PLCBUS interface , now the TTL port is provide 3.3V , Ground , TX , RX 4 pin.)

                      For non-Wifi version , it will come with TTL to USB cable , you can setup or control the device via TTL RJ12 port.
                      So , you can also buy a TTL to RS232 converter or TTL to Ethernet converter on market easily. Then it should fit all of your request.

                      Comment


                      • Kevin,

                        Will you be integrating the RS-232 control into the Homeseer plugin you wrote?

                        Or will you be creating a separate plugin for Homeseer?

                        Here have built a base of DIN mounted 12VDC LED power supplies such that the source 12VDC for LED's is in one location. Pictured above.

                        I am currently at some 12+ zones of LED lighting using around 10 DIN 12VDC LED power supplies with dual 12VDC outputs of 75 watts to 160 watts per DIN LED power supply.

                        I am currently controlling the HV side of the DIN power supplies with UPB powerline switches. This source will serve for both RGB and standard LED lighting.
                        - Pete

                        Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

                        X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

                        Comment


                        • Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

                          Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                          Yes , it already have. I plan to sell into two version.
                          One is Wifi version. (User can access via Wifi or X10 \ PLCBUS interface)

                          One is Non-Wifi version. (Actually is the same controller , but I didn't install the Wifi module , so user can access via TTL or X10 \ PLCBUS interface , now the TTL port is provide 3.3V , Ground , TX , RX 4 pin.)

                          For non-Wifi version , it will come with TTL to USB cable , you can setup or control the device via TTL RJ12 port.
                          So , you can also buy a TTL to RS232 converter or TTL to Ethernet converter on market easily. Then it should fit all of your request.


                          Will all of the plugin features still be available? If so, I would get the ttl model right away. In your web store, the description says that many features are only available in the wifi version.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Automated View Post
                            Will all of the plugin features still be available? If so, I would get the ttl model right away. In your web store, the description says that many features are only available in the wifi version.
                            All features will available. All features on Wifi version , use TTL also have.

                            Except :
                            1) Concurrent connection , for TCP , it support 32 concurrent connection.
                            2) Now , HS v2 plug-in only work on TCP connection.
                            3) Winamp plug-in only work on TCP connection.

                            I will make a compare table on the web later. Should be Wifi \ TTL VS X10 \ PLCBUS interface , since some two way communication , only Wifi or TTL can work.

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Kevin,

                              Will you be integrating the RS-232 control into the Homeseer plugin you wrote?

                              Or will you be creating a separate plugin for Homeseer?

                              Here have built a base of DIN mounted 12VDC LED power supplies such that the source 12VDC for LED's is in one location. Pictured above.

                              I am currently at some 12+ zones of LED lighting using around 10 DIN 12VDC LED power supplies with dual 12VDC outputs of 75 watts to 160 watts per DIN LED power supply.

                              I am currently controlling the HV side of the DIN power supplies with UPB powerline switches. This source will serve for both RGB and standard LED lighting.
                              Now I am stuck on the HS3 Plug-in . I will take a look , see is that add support on RS232 easily. Will keep post in here.

                              Comment


                              • I'll be ready to jump in when HS3 version is avail.. rs-232 or ethernet. First application will be behind TV.. almost pulled trigger on HUE strip lighting until I saw this thread.. Love being able to change w/ music when TV off
                                Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X