Fibaro FGD211 & HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibaro FGD211 & HS3

I've read lots of posts with regards to issues with using Fibaro FGD211 with HS3 a while ago but should these devices work now?

I'm new to Z-Wave and am having issues installing it.

Attached is the Node information shown for the device and below are the details shown in the log if I try to rescan.
    Code:
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave Warning	Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 5, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Cannot reach node 5, will not import any information about this node.
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Checking if we can reach node 5
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	 
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	 
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Found 3 Z-Wave nodes
    Aug-27 22:54:00	 	Z-Wave	Getting Z-Wave node list for network 0184CF13...
    Thanks for any help
    Simon
    Attached Files

I have about 20 FGD211's working fine with HS3.

What version of the Z-Wave plug-in are you using?

Paul..

Comment

Sorry should have given a bit more info!

HS3 version 3.0.0.96
      Z-Wave Plugin Version 3.0.0.172
      using Aeotec Z-Stick S2

I've got a couple of other questions as well if you don't mind!

Connected to the FGD211 that I've installed I've got 9 x 4w dimmable GU10 LEDs, should I be using a dummy load with these? They do however appear to dim OK when using the switch to dim them, just a slight hum from the FGD211 when dimmed low.

Also do you use momentary switches and if so do you know where I can get these from?

Thanks
      Simon
      Last edited by Simonk; August 28th, 2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Hi Simon. I use momentary switches. They are widely available online. I think nicest is to have the same brand and series. If you live in the netherlands I have a nice address. You can pm me if you like.

If I'm correct the minimum load of the dimmer module is 25watt. So with you (9x4) 36watt an extra load shouldn't be necessarily. If the behaviour is correct you're fine.

The humming sound is normal. Have the same with my halogen light bulbs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

I got a momentary light switch from a local electrical shop for testing, it's actual a double switch which toggles up and down.

I've got a little bit further with these devices, I've now got On/Off/Dim controls on the Device List and command classes being listed in Node Information, screen shot attached.

But the physical switch fails to operate the light after a certain amount of time and nothing updates in Device List and I'm unable to retrieve Settings or Associations.

Any help gratefully appreciated :-)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Simonk; August 28th, 2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I use MK Grid components here so I can merge momentary switches with other types of modules.

Here's a link for a supplier I've used here in the UK http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/switches-so...-switch-system

As for your FGD211:
            Your screenshot of the node info does not look right. I expect it didn't scan properly when added. I've not added any FGD211's to my network since about Z-Wave plug-in version .150 but I have a few new modules here so I will try adding one over the weekend with plug-in .167 and see what happens.

Have you tried re-scanning the device whilst it is located physically close to the controller? I have found that wiring devices temporarily and locating them close to the controller when initially adding and importing to HS, then doing optimization once installed in the final location has provided the best results.

Here's a node info screenshot from my system of a version 2 FGD211

Paul..
            Attached Files

Comment

Is there a tool for HS3 so that I can plug the Z-stick into a laptop and take that to the switch rather than wiring the switch nearer the HS3 server? Was it Z-Tool in HS2?

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                Is there a tool for HS3 so that I can plug the Z-stick into a laptop and take that to the switch rather than wiring the switch nearer the HS3 server? Was it Z-Tool in HS2?
                Not that I'm aware of.

I use the Z-Wave.me USB stick as my controller so I have no option but to make sure the node is close enough to the controller for direct communication when adding it. I just use a length of 2 core cable with a 13 amp plug on the end and wire the live and neutral to power the module whilst I add it to Homeseer. Once added I install the module in it's desired location and optimize the network several times.

Paul.

Comment

Thanks Sooty, did as you suggested 'use a length of 2 core cable with a 13 amp plug on the end and wire the live and neutral to power the module whilst I add it to Homeseer' and it added without problem. It now looks OK in node list and is update to show the status of the switch.

I've also connected up a second toggle switch, how do I get that to work?

Thanks
                  Simon
                  Attached Files

Comment

The second switch (S2) can only be used to control another Z-Wave device by association on group 2.

Below is a screenshot showing associations I have set on an FGD-211. I used a 2 gang MK grid unit with 2 momentary switches. Switch 2 controls another module (FGS-211).

I've not done any association changes with the later beta's of the Z-Wave plug-in but there are a few issues with some Fibaro devices that I have discussed with Rick in the past.

One of these is the behaviour of the FGD-211/221 devices when controlled by association. Apparently they shouldn't do instant status when controlled in this manner, but mine do.

Paul..
                    Attached Files

Comment

I installed a couple more FGD211's last night and set up some associations with the second button and it works really well.

I would love to be able to use the second button on some of my other FGD211 switches to be able to control other things in HS3 that are not Z-Wave! Is it not possible to create a fake Z-Wave device in HS3 that we could associate the second switch to and then just run a event of that fake device to do whatever we want?

Thanks for your help
                      Simon

Comment

Working...
                      X