Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to re-stablish communication with Outlet

All,

I have an Intermatic Outlet that lost communication and the status led is blinking white and red.

What will be the right procedure to re-establish communication? I am using Homeseer 3 with the AEON Stick.

My first thought was to delete and re-add the device but I heard that this is not the correct practice. Just want to make sure I can re-enable the outlet until I get another device to strengthen the network in the area.

Here is the device.

You can try to re-optimize your network four times then re-scan the device to see if it gets included. Is this device on the "edge" of your network?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joedr View Post
      I have an Intermatic Outlet that lost communication and the status led is blinking white and red.

What will be the right procedure to re-establish communication? I am using Homeseer 3 with the AEON Stick.

My first thought was to delete and re-add the device but I heard that this is not the correct practice. Just want to make sure I can re-enable the outlet until I get another device to strengthen the network in the area.
      Looking at my Intermatic manuals, I don't see a reference to flashing red, so not sure what it means. Was it green before? If so, the first thing I would try is resetting it by turning the relevant breaker off and on. If that does not do anything, try removing it from the z-stick using the exclude process. If that's successful, add it back to the z-stick, import it into HS3 and then use the replace command in HS3 to replace the old device with the new one (go to /repl on your HS3 web interface). Failing all that, the device may have gone bad and I would contact Intermatic as it may be covered by warranty.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Looking at my Intermatic manuals, I don't see a reference to flashing red, so not sure what it means. Was it green before? If so, the first thing I would try is resetting it by turning the relevant breaker off and on. If that does not do anything, try removing it from the z-stick using the exclude process. If that's successful, add it back to the z-stick, import it into HS3 and then use the replace command in HS3 to replace the old device with the new one (go to /repl on your HS3 web interface). Failing all that, the device may have gone bad and I would contact Intermatic as it may be covered by warranty.

Cheers
        Al
        Where is the replace? I have looked a few times and cant find it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
          Where is the replace? I have looked a few times and cant find it.

Thanks
          It's referenced in my posting (/repl)

Cheers
          Al

Comment

I saw what you wrote but not finding it. Can you be more specific is it under device management or node management or controller management ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
              I saw what you wrote but not finding it. Can you be more specific is it under device management or node management or controller management ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yes! Please do tell!
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

It's not under any menu. You need to type it in. Go to your web interface (assume it's http://192.168.x.y) and type /repl after it: http://192.168.x.y/repl. Rick posted info on it here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167707

Cheers
                Al
                Last edited by sparkman; September 10th, 2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

Exactly what does this do?
                  I looked at mine and every device is there. Not just Z-Wave devices. So I'm assuming that it doesn't remove the device from the Z-Wave interface.

Comment

In theory its function is to take the reference number from a device that is still in your system, but not functioning and move it to a replacement device. That way you don't have to edit every event that referenced the defective or non-functioning item. It is use at your own risk and not fully supported function, but it does work.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

It moves the device reference id from the first device to the second and then deletes the first device. This allows events and scripts that reference that device to continue working without modification. Great if you have a failed device that needs to be replaced with a new one. I recently used it because an Aeotec smart switch had somehow gone back to factory default so I had to add it as a new device and then used the function to replace the failed one. It does nothing with the zwave controller and if it's a zwave device you have to delete the failed device from the controller with separate steps.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

What are the other steps needed for Z-Wave devices?

Why I ask:

I had two switches go bad. One would no longer control a load even though it thought it was. The other no longer responded to on or dim up commands from the slave in a 3-way configuration. I replaced them both and had to jump through the usual hoops with fixing scenes. Now I'm thinking that I want to put one of those switches somewhere else.

Pretty messy for some simple switch shuffling.

Comment

Working...
                        X