Z-stick as secondary controller on HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-stick as secondary controller on HS3

I purchased a 2nd z-stick to use on HS3. I am slowly transitioning from HS2 to HS3. I have both HS2 and HS3 running on separate computers. I was able to get the new z-stick installed on HS3 as a secondary controller and it is able to control some of my 18 z-wave devices, but several can't be controlled because they apparently imported incorrectly and they do not have on/off buttons on the device management page. Also, the HS3 status icons do not reflect the correct status of my z-wave devices when they are changed.

First, how do I get the missing on/off buttons to show on the HS3 device manager for some of my imported z-wave devices?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

OK, I discovered it was possible to rescan individual z-wave nodes from the secondary controller connected to HS3 ( I did not know this was possible). This corrected the device on/off parameters on the incorrect z-wave devices.

I also discovered that eventually the status of the z-wave devices will change to the correct status. I did not think this would take 3-15 minutes!

Still learning...........
    Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Steve Q how did you configure the z-stick-s2 on hs2? I did that and when I connected to hs3 it only had one nose.

I hesitate to erase as I don't know if that will erase the primary setup on hs2. Don't know enough about z-wave.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

It was several months ago when I configured the 2nd z-stick. I'm not certain I remember everything. But I think I just plugged the new z-stick into a USB port on my HS3 machine, and with the old z-stick in my HS2 machine, I used the z-wave replicate send command in HS2 and the z-wave replicate receive command on HS3. This copied all the information from the old stick to the new one.

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
        X