Z-Stick gets lost constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Stick gets lost constantly

Z-Stick gets lost constantly in my HS computer.
    It happens twice a week now.

The hardware report tells me that COM5 does not exist. Ny z-stick is assigned to this port.

In order to fix the situation I need to keep re-installing the driver for the Z-stick. It is called CP210x. It is in the computer however the standard XP automatic driver install won't do it. The manual driver install won't do it either. I need to find the .exe file and run it.

I also need to re-boot the computer and unplug and plug again the z-stick.

It works fine after all this work until it breaks (gets lost) again.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

RI2

The hardware is HomeTroller by HomeSeer
    The OS is Windows XP.
    I'm running HS2.

little progress

The problem still exist, however I found an easier fix.

If I unplug and plug the Z-stick again than the com port re-appears and the driver is there too. Unfortunately, HS needs to be restarted.

This is really annoying. I used to have my HS running for months without restart.

RI2

Comment

Hi RI2,

Some people have resolved similar issues by moving the zstick to another USB port or using a powered usb hub. Apparently it's very sensitive to not having enough power.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You'll find the USB ports on the front of the computer are generally lower powered than those on the rear of the cabinet. Either a powered hub (as mentioned) on the front port, or a short USB extension cable from the rear to keep the stick accessible should help.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

There are several posts lately that have indicated that using the stick with a powered hub or a fully powered/dedicated (not shared with any other devices) USB root hub (see hardware manager) had improved the reception/transmissions of this device. Users have even suggested that they have had much better luck including devices when using a powered hub or dedicated root hub.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X