Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Linear Z-Wave Light Bulb - Works!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Linear Z-Wave Light Bulb - Works!

    We just got our first shipment of LinearLinc LB60Z-1 "Bulbz" light bulbs. Only $39.55 /ea during our Black Friday promo. http://eepurl.com/9wrtf
    website | products | support | youtube

  • #2
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    We just got our first shipment of LinearLinc LB60Z-1 "Bulbz" light bulbs. Only $39.55 /ea during our Black Friday promo. http://eepurl.com/9wrtf
    Very cool. I like the portability of it.

    Comment


    • #3
      These are really neat. This is a lot easier to install than a switch and will work with switches that do not have a neutral.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you know if these work with HS2?

        I just don't have the time in the next while to consider moving to my purchased HS3PRO..
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

        Comment


        • #5
          Configuring LB60Z in HS3

          Has anyone been successful at configuring a LinearLink LB60Z bulb? I'm on HS3, z-wave beta v .186 using a z-troller. The device gets imported as "Sigma Switch Multilevel Node 39" with no control options. I've not much experience with HS3, so any help would be appreciated.

          John

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by johnoc View Post
            Has anyone been successful at configuring a LinearLink LB60Z bulb? I'm on HS3, z-wave beta v .186 using a z-troller. The device gets imported as "Sigma Switch Multilevel Node 39" with no control options. I've not much experience with HS3, so any help would be appreciated.

            John
            This message typically indicates that the device wasn't awake long enough for HomeSeer to query it's capabilities during the inclusion. Try right clicking on the node and do a rescan when the light is on and see if this helps. If this fails open a help desk ticket on this issue since you get free support for hardware purchased from HomeSeer.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Rupp, that did the trick!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have moved and am now in a rental that I can't swap out the switches, so I installed these bulbs in everything (bought a box from HS). By default the bulbs take 3 seconds to fade out. . .and I would rather a much faster dim rate. I found documentation that states they should support changing the dim step size and speed, but I can't get them to stick. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or the documentation is wrong. It appears I am not the only one to have this issue. . .can someone from HS verify that these config options are not working?

                http://www.gocontrol.com/manuals/LB60Z-1-Install.pdf

                Also discussed here:
                http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtop...?f=152&t=15527

                Code:
                Parameter 9: Dim / Bright Step Level
                When the brightness is adjusted by the controller/gateway, how much the bulb
                brightness will change is set by the programmed dimming step level.
                Parameter Length Valid Values Confi guration Option
                9 1 Byte 1 - 99
                Default = 1
                The step level is small when the value is low
                The step level is large when the value is high
                Parameter 10: Dim / Bright Speed
                When the brightness is adjusted by the controller/gateway, how fast the bulb
                brightness will change is set by the programmed dimming step speed.
                Parameter Length Valid Values Confi guration Option
                10 1 Byte 1 - 10
                Default = 3
                The step speed is fast when the value is low
                The step speed is slow when the value is high
                Example: If Parameter 9 is set to the default value of 1, setting Parameter 10
                from 1 to 10 will equal the number of seconds it takes to dim down the bulb
                when the bulb is turned off, i.e. 1 equals 1 second for the bulb to dim down and
                turn off, 10 equals 10 seconds for the bulb to dim down and turn OFF.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                  can someone from HS verify that these config options are not working?
                  I just added a bulb to my test system and changed parameter 10 (Dim/Bright Speed) from the default (3) to 2. The setting saved just find and it did affect the bulb's dim (off) speed. However, the bright (on) speed and last dim level speed are unaffected. So, if you wish to make the OFF speed faster or slower, you can do this.

                  I also adjusted parameter 9, changing that from a step level of 1 to 99. After that, bright/dim/last operations were essentially instantaneous. So that works too.

                  Note that parameter 1 must be set to a value of 2 if you wish the bulb to turn on to the last level after a power outage. The value of "1" is not correct in the documentation. Also note that you must have firmware version 5.12 installed on the bulb in order for this feature to work.
                  website | products | support | youtube

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks! There is hope!

                    Hm. What am I doing wrong. . .(would be cool if those options were added to the ZWave config page for the device).

                    I set parameter 9 to 99 and it still doesn't change speed for me.
                    I am not sure how to check the firmware version,
                    on the firmware upgrade section, it reports it is firmware Nortek 5.8 I think.

                    Tried it again just now and the one I updated dims just like the other ones next it it. . .

                    Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    I just added a bulb to my test system and changed parameter 10 (Dim/Bright Speed) from the default (3) to 2. The setting saved just find and it did affect the bulb's dim (off) speed. However, the bright (on) speed and last dim level speed are unaffected. So, if you wish to make the OFF speed faster or slower, you can do this.

                    I also adjusted parameter 9, changing that from a step level of 1 to 99. After that, bright/dim/last operations were essentially instantaneous. So that works too.

                    Note that parameter 1 must be set to a value of 2 if you wish the bulb to turn on to the last level after a power outage. The value of "1" is not correct in the documentation. Also note that you must have firmware version 5.12 installed on the bulb in order for this feature to work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                      Thanks! There is hope!

                      Hm. What am I doing wrong. . .(would be cool if those options were added to the ZWave config page for the device).

                      I set parameter 9 to 99 and it still doesn't change speed for me.
                      I am not sure how to check the firmware version,
                      on the firmware upgrade section, it reports it is firmware Nortek 5.8 I think.

                      Tried it again just now and the one I updated dims just like the other ones next it it. . .
                      5.8 (actually is "5.08") is actually the shipping version of the bulb. Go to our downloads page to get the 5.12 version. You'll be able to install that from the Z-Wave tab of the device in HS3. Note that you won't need to do anything special with the bulb to begin the update process... just click "start" in HS3 and wait for it to finish.
                      website | products | support | youtube

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Awesome news! :-) I'll start that process once I get back home tonight (assuming I shouldn't do this process over the myhs connection?)!

                        Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        5.8 (actually is "5.08") is actually the shipping version of the bulb. Go to our downloads page to get the 5.12 version. You'll be able to install that from the Z-Wave tab of the device in HS3. Note that you won't need to do anything special with the bulb to begin the update process... just click "start" in HS3 and wait for it to finish.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                          Awesome news! :-) I'll start that process once I get back home tonight (assuming I shouldn't do this process over the myhs connection?)!
                          Decided to try upgrading one remotely anyway. . .I got a couple errors, first one complains that I can only use .hex (not the .hec that it downloaded as) even though ZWave page mentions both are allowed. Renamed the extension. . .

                          Then it uploads, but there is an error in the Logs:

                          Code:
                          Processing upload file from web page: Could not find a part of the path "/usr/local/HomeSeer/temp/tempfile2".-> at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int) at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) [0x00000] in :0 at Scheduler.Web_Server.ServerPost (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String& data, System.String& post, System.Boolean& authorized) [0x00000] in :0
                          Is this a permissions problem? What permissions should be set on the mentioned temp folder (on Linux). Or just because I am trying via myhs? Thought I better ask since it will be too late in the day to ask once I am home.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                            Decided to try upgrading one remotely anyway. . .I got a couple errors, first one complains that I can only use .hex (not the .hec that it downloaded as) even though ZWave page mentions both are allowed. Renamed the extension. . .

                            Then it uploads, but there is an error in the Logs:

                            Code:
                            Processing upload file from web page: Could not find a part of the path "/usr/local/HomeSeer/temp/tempfile2".-> at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int) at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) [0x00000] in :0 at Scheduler.Web_Server.ServerPost (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String& data, System.String& post, System.Boolean& authorized) [0x00000] in :0
                            Is this a permissions problem? What permissions should be set on the mentioned temp folder (on Linux). Or just because I am trying via myhs? Thought I better ask since it will be too late in the day to ask once I am home.
                            I would suggest that you update to the latest Z-Wave plug-in and try the update with the file installed locally. Don't rename the file either... as HS3 treats it differently if you do.
                            website | products | support | youtube

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              I would suggest that you update to the latest Z-Wave plug-in and try the update with the file installed locally. Don't rename the file either... as HS3 treats it differently if you do.
                              I am using the latest ZWave (at least as of last week) plugin, but I don't think I have updated to the latest HS build yet. I'll try applying the update from home later then.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X