Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EcoNet EV100 air vents - no control buttons available - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EcoNet EV100 air vents - no control buttons available - Fixed!

Hi,

I have an HS3 that I've been "slowly" setting up. I still have many devices that have not yet been installed.

I recently received a few EcoNet EV100 vents that I'm having difficulty configuring. In fact, I managed to see the "Control" buttons once and only on one of the devices. Since, I've removed/reset all and restarted again.

It would be great if someone can point me to right direction as I'm trying to configure these EV100 with a z-stick 2 for a few days now. I can't seem to see any control option after I add the devices.

When I add a device, 3 devices are created for each (Root, Battery Level, Multisensor); No control option.

Any advice you can share?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hi Rick,

What versions of HS3 and the z-wave plugin are you running?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96
      Z-Wave 3.0.0.150

Z-Stick firmware have been updated as well.

Comment

I would upgrade to some of the latest betas to see if that resolves your issue. Make sure to backup first. The latest is HS3 .149 and z-wave .187.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Upgrade to beta, done. No changes yet: control not visible.

FYI, I noticed that the devices are named slightly better now. See screenshot.

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface...
          Done.
          Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
          Getting Z-Wave node list for network 018518C0...
          Found 6 Z-Wave nodes
          Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 1 done.
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 2 done.
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 3 done.
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 4 done.
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 5 done.
          ... Checking node list against existing devices, node 6 done.
          Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
          Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 6, ID: 343=157H (EcoNet Controls), Type: 256=100H, ID: 256=100H
          Node: 6 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, NODE_NAMING, BATTERY, BASIC
          Root Node Device Node 6 Z-Wave EcoNet Controls Switch Multilevel Node 6 was created for node 6 on network 018518C0
          2 out of 2 Child devices of node 6 were created successfully.
          Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
          Attached Files

Comment

Try waking the vents and do a re-scan on the root device.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't know how to "wake" the device ( http://econetcontrols.com/PDF/Z-Vent...t-Guide-v3.pdf ), instead I opened and closed the vent manually i.e. by pressing on set+open & set+close. A re-scan on the root didn't produce anything new.
              I noticed however in the logs, regardless of how many times I re-scan: "warning... it does not appear to be associated with the interface Z-Stick."

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
              Jan-05 11:55:48 PM Z-Wave 2 out of 2 Child devices of node 6 were created successfully.
              Jan-05 11:55:48 PM Z-Wave Warning Product Information did not identify a polling interval to be set for Node 6 Z-Wave Switch Multilevel and it does not appear to be associated with the interface Z-Stick.
              Jan-05 11:55:48 PM Z-Wave Warning Product Information did not identify a polling interval to be set for Node 6 Z-Wave Battery and it does not appear to be associated with the interface Z-Stick.
              Jan-05 11:55:48 PM Z-Wave Warning Product Information did not identify a polling interval to be set for Node 6 Z-Wave EcoNet Controls Switch Multilevel Node 6 and it does not appear to be associated with the interface Z-Stick.
              Jan-05 11:55:47 PM Z-Wave Node 6 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.67 App: 1.93
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave Node: 6 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, NODE_NAMING, BATTERY, BASIC
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave Found 6 Z-Wave nodes
              Jan-05 11:55:45 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 018518C0...

I removed and re-added node; still the same result, no control option. I will call EcoNet in the morning.

Thanks

Add Node started...
              Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node while it is close to your HomeSeer interface...
              A new node has been found and is being added...
              Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
              Replication protocol transfer done - waiting for application specific replication (if any) to finish.
              Node 7 Added.
              DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
              Done. Node 7 Added.
              Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
              Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Device synchronization needs to create devices for one new node.

Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 7, ID: 343=157H (EcoNet Controls), Type: 256=100H, ID: 256=100H
              Node: 7 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION_V2, NODE_NAMING, BATTERY, BASIC
              Root Node Device Node 7 Z-Wave EcoNet Controls Switch Multilevel Node 7 was created for node 7 on network 018518C0
              2 out of 2 Child devices of node 7 were created successfully.
              Reloading (importing) node information from the controller...
              Finished with Replication process.
              Last edited by rick; January 6th, 2015, 12:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

EcoNet Controls t/s responded "We recently contacted HomeSeer techs regarding the problem you and others are having with our EV100 vents. We also sent them one of our EV100 for testing to assist them in correcting this issue".

I guess I'll monitor the Z-Wave beta updates and test again soon.

Comment

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.0.188 - SOLVED

Great news! The recent beta version solved my issues.

Thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

So...
                    The good news is that it works. The bad news: it works only from PC web interface. Trying to control from HSTouch on my iPhone fails. No response to slider or to On / OFF buttons. Even after multiple rescanning.

Comment

Actually, I wasn't looking in the right place. Status graphics, just like yours, are present under child device "switch". However, if you compare them to the typical dimmer / fan /etc., switch with multistep functionality, you'll see that the values are completely different. There is nothing specifying use or levels under status text and graphics for the EcoNet air vent...

Is this why it cannot be controlled by clients, such as HSTouch?

Comment

Originally posted by rick View Post
                        Great news! The recent beta version solved my issues.

Thank you
                        Hey,
                        Do you use these vents in the floor registers? I need them for my guest bedroom, on the second floor, in the ceiling and... there are no mounting holes!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                          So...
                          The good news is that it works. The bad news: it works only from PC web interface. Trying to control from HSTouch on my iPhone fails. No response to slider or to On / OFF buttons. Even after multiple rescanning.
                          This should be fixed in the latest Z-Wave beta plugin version 3.0.0.188 and HSTouch Server plugin version 3.0.0.59.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            This should be fixed in the latest Z-Wave beta plugin version 3.0.0.188 and HSTouch Server plugin version 3.0.0.59.
                            Rupp,
                            Yes, almost completely fixed. The "slider" is working in HSTouch, so, technically, I can open and close the vent. The "On" and Off" buttons do not work. Not a biggie at this point, though.

On a separate note, the response this issue has received was very fast and is very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                              Hey,
                              Do you use these vents in the floor registers? I need them for my guest bedroom, on the second floor, in the ceiling and... there are no mounting holes!
                              On the wall. The vents do stay still. I need to fix them in a more solid way, but I haven't yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X