Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EcoNet EV100 air vents - no control buttons available - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Rupp,
    Yes, almost completely fixed. The "slider" is working in HSTouch, so, technically, I can open and close the vent. The "On" and Off" buttons do not work.
    Same behavior with me as well. Enough for my use.

Thank you

Comment

Hey,
      Do you use these vents in the floor registers? I need them for my guest bedroom, on the second floor, in the ceiling and... there are no mounting holes!
      I would like a couple of these mounted on the ceiling. The video at Smarthome.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...layer_embedded) shows 2 mounting screws included. Plus the images look like there are nubs that can possibly be punched out on the face of the register. Can anyone confirm?
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        I would like a couple of these mounted on the ceiling. The video at Smarthome.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...layer_embedded) shows 2 mounting screws included. Plus the images look like there are nubs that can possibly be punched out on the face of the register. Can anyone confirm?
        I can confirm. I called the company and they confirmed that the plastic nubs, which in my case looked a bit like rivets and were in quite tightly, are indeed just hole covers and can be punched out. I had mine mounted on the ceiling, without any issues, prior to wife disapproval

Comment

Thank you VirtualPanther!

Out of curiosity, what is the disapproval about?
          Mike

Comment

Thank you VirtualPanther!

Out of curiosity, what is the disapproval about?
            The size I needed was only available in brown, not white. That's one thing. Second, the stupid large EcoNet label. Finally, she said that unlike lights and AC, when this one malfunctions and stays open or closed, there is no immediate way of knowing something went wrong. That is, you don't run around the house checking vents. More importantly, we work a lot of nights and would not be able to verify remotely that vents are working and babysitter with the kid aren't freezing... In other words, low trust level. Battery devices, after all...

Comment

Well I guess in my case it's a moot point. I need the 4x10 in brown, not white (for the floor), and 4x14 for the ceilings which is not available. Dang.
              Mike

Comment

Well I guess in my case it's a moot point. I need the 4x10 in brown, not white (for the floor), and 4x14 for the ceilings which is not available. Dang.
                I'd call them Their site has a whole bunch listed as "arriving soon" or something like that. Look at those and call and ask about your sizes. They have been extremely helpful.

Comment

I'd call them Their site has a whole bunch listed as "arriving soon" or something like that. Look at those and call and ask about your sizes. They have been extremely helpful.
                  Good idea, thanks!
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X