Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original X10 Motion Sensor - without Dusk/Dawn notification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original X10 Motion Sensor - without Dusk/Dawn notification?

I have two very old ActiveHome motion detectors. Both are missing rear label. One appears to be MS13a as it has the green LED for configuring Dusk/Dawn behaviour as well as little instruction fold-old sheet under the front cover and it works as documented. The other one I cannot access anything pertaining to dust/dawn configuration. In the beginning, was there an X10 motion sensor like this? Without dusk/dawn reporting?

I remember some of the x10 sensors you could clip the leads of the photocell to disable the dusk/dawn sensor.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Have a look here.

Tom's Home Automation Webpage
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I have some really old units from back in the early 80's and they have the dusk/dawn sensors. They are still in use today.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

May be a MS12. I believe all these were white. Then there's the MS14 and the MS16 (both had grey cases).
          With the MS12s, as Rob said, I used to just clip the CDS sensor to disable the function altogether. Just cut the leads or desolder the cell. It's usually potted with a bead of silicon. I saved most of these in case I ever wanted to reinstall them... Never did. All this does is disable the Code +1 light dark device. I don't think it affected motion sensing at all.
          I believe the function can be disabled by configuring the MS14 as is also so with the MS16 (has an adjustable pot on top for variable off delay).

http://www.x10.crevier.org/x10modules/instr/MS12A/
          http://www.retrevo.com/support/X10-M.../558dj791/t/2/
          http://files.buyitsellit.com/8181/MS16A.pdf
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

These two units are now antique white. Circa 1990. The one without green LED must be MS12. It's never been modded so I am wondering why it's not reporting Dusk/Dawn.

Comment

Working...
            X