Using X10 Remote and HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using X10 Remote and HomeSeer

I didn't find this in the forum so here is what I have.

X10 - HR12A PalmPad Remote
    X10 - TM751 Transceiver

HomeSeer Pi w/CM11A

Can I listen to the X10 commands from the PalmPad Remote
    Then using an Event triggered by an X10 Command execute commands to other X10/Zwave devices?

It seems like I should be able to do this if HS can listen for X10 commands.

I was going to look at using Zwave remote in the future but I am concerned that Zwave remote seem to like seeing Zwave devices. I purchased an Intermactic HA07 but can't seem to get that to work as I have no current Zwave devices for it to control.

Originally posted by caguinotte View Post
    Can I listen to the X10 commands from the PalmPad Remote Then using an Event triggered by an X10 Command execute commands to other X10/Zwave devices?
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: But you probably won't be satisfied with the TM751 approach.
    You will get far better performance with a WGL 800RF receiver and an RF plug-in designed for it. Possible plug-ins for HS3 include RFXCOM, SimpleRF, and BLRF. I'd suggest you evaluate those and ask some specific questions on the appropriate forums.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Here still utilize 3 W800's.

That said the trending for more functionality with wireless 2-way stuff is RFXCom. (it just talks to much more stuff than anything else).

I have a few X10 CM11A's in place for non security stuff and they have been going now for 2 years without a battery replacement.

Concurrently playing with wireless Z-Wave and Zigbee and bluetooth and 802.XX and propietary alarm wireless relating to battery operated stuff.

I don't really like to depend on any wireless stuff for automation / security.

Never have.

That said its easy, convenient and cheap to use. (that is a relative term though).

Trending though is just a "do all wireless" hub that will take care of all of the wireless automation protocols .....
      Last edited by Pete; January 9th, 2015, 09:33 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
      HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Can I listen to the X10 commands from the PalmPad Remote
        Yes, I still use my X10 rf remotes, as the Z-wave ones in the UK are dire. I have set up an old X10 rf KR22 for the Missus, so that if she presses an ON button once, HS3 puts a z-wave lamp on dim, and if she presses the ON button again, the lamp will go to full brightness, ON again and it dims again. Yeah, OFF turns it off

Nice WAF there

I have a few X10 CM11A's in place for non security stuff and they have been going now for 2 years without a battery replacement.
        Pete, the UK version of the CM11 only required batteries if you were storing macros in it (For ActiveHome 1.42 I would guess). I removed my batteries many years ago to prevent leakage damage, and my CM11 works fine with HS3.

Comment

Yes error here. I have no batteries in the X10 controllers. (removed a while ago)

I meant to write about the DS10A switches and batteries. These have been going on two years now. One of them is just utilized for a rain on or off sensor and it does fine. Worry about it was always lightning as it is mounted high up on the roof.

These if found are very reasonably priced and function very well today after many years. I am also playing here with a similarly sized Zigbee door switch and it works well but has a 12VDC battery which doesn't last 2 years (well for me it didnt).

I have historically used Homeseer events / triggers to talk between devices using different automation protocols. That is the advantage of using Homeseer with multiple controllers.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
          HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X