X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSO
    replied
    Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    A while ago I changed my X10 interface to an XTB interface, that solved all my poor X10 communications in a flash as it sends a more powerful X10 signal than the CM's.

Over Christmas some of my Living Area lights started to misbehave, I put it down to the additional X10 units which have been unused for nearly 12 months being introduced, wrong.

Along with the XTB I purchased a XTBM, which is a X10 signal monitor basically, and left it in the corner for ages. Plugged it in to try and solve my X10 problem and it took me straight there - amazing piece of kit.

It also showed me one other thing. I have a motion sensor in the kitchen to turn the lights on when it is dark, while I was solving my noise X10 problem ever few seconds it was telling me that the kitchen lights had received an ON, even though there were on and occupied. I was alerted to modify the script so if the lights are on don't bother sending more X10 to turn them on.

It is a nice piece of kit.
    I too have the XTBM, and have found countless problems with it. I know that if you use Insteon devices, that they do interfere with the X-10 signal, even though the signal is behind (X10@120Khz, and Insteon@130Khz). I had an X-10 device and an Insteon device operate at the same time, and the X-10 would work 20% of the time. I changed the event, to operate the X-10 2 seconds later, and have had no problems sense.

Leave a comment:

• Gogs
    started a topic X10 noise problems - I think solved

X10 noise problems - I think solved

A while ago I changed my X10 interface to an XTB interface, that solved all my poor X10 communications in a flash as it sends a more powerful X10 signal than the CM's.

Over Christmas some of my Living Area lights started to misbehave, I put it down to the additional X10 units which have been unused for nearly 12 months being introduced, wrong.

Along with the XTB I purchased a XTBM, which is a X10 signal monitor basically, and left it in the corner for ages. Plugged it in to try and solve my X10 problem and it took me straight there - amazing piece of kit.

It also showed me one other thing. I have a motion sensor in the kitchen to turn the lights on when it is dark, while I was solving my noise X10 problem ever few seconds it was telling me that the kitchen lights had received an ON, even though there were on and occupied. I was alerted to modify the script so if the lights are on don't bother sending more X10 to turn them on.

It is a nice piece of kit.
Working...
X