X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
    This way works for me. Not sure if its the best way or not... you would change your trigger to be on whatever scene becoming active.
    Originally posted by mikedr View Post
    Try the attached. It's at our other house, so I can't tell if it works, but it should.

I have the accessory switch associated with both HS and the main switch, tho not sure that matters.
    Thank you both. This did work.

(Sorry for the long delay in responding, but other things happened and I had to put programming lights on hold for a while.)

I should be able to program virtual 5-way switches now in my bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Thanks. I will have to try this when I get home. (I'm currently traveling)

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    Try the attached. It's at our other house, so I can't tell if it works, but it should.

I have the accessory switch associated with both HS and the main switch, tho not sure that matters.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Person View Post
    It seems you guys are saying HS cannot control LED / turn on-off for scene controller nor 9517. I *know* this works in HS2. Is this HS3 thing? I vaguely remember that they are changed something in HS3 but cannot find the post. I think it was about having to use z-wave command instead of direct on/off control but not sure.
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, I've been traveling...

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to turn on/off the blue LED status light on the switch.

If I can do that, then I can implement 3-way (or more) control.

I've been told that the switches themselves have to be 'associated' to make this work.

I will work on this more when I return from traveling... Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Person
    replied
    It seems you guys are saying HS cannot control LED / turn on-off for scene controller nor 9517. I *know* this works in HS2. Is this HS3 thing? I vaguely remember that they are changed something in HS3 but cannot find the post. I think it was about having to use z-wave command instead of direct on/off control but not sure.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Guys,
    Have any of you been able to set the scene indicator in response to light level changes? What I mean is this. One of my scenes, controlled by a button on a Cooper Aspire RF RFWC5 scene controller, turns on two lights at different dim levels for movie watching. However, when either of those lights is changed to a different levels or turned off, the scene indicator LED on that button is still on at a bright "scene on" setting. I tried creating an event that would turn that indicator off if either of the two lights is set to off (not even worrying about being changed to a different dim level!) and it did nothing. Any ideas on what seems to be a fairly simple request: if the scene conditions are no longer true, turn that scene indicator off?

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    Here are the events, the actions set the status. The Back Bathroom Ceiling light is the 9501 and the slave is the 9517. Hope that helps!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Well, I just looked up the spec sheet for the RF9517: Aspire RF accessory switch

And it says that the parameters are not used. (See table 4 in the link above).

I think I'm screwed and will have to swap out the switches...

Leave a comment:

• NeverDie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bilbrey View Post

Yes, there is a known parameter, but I'm not skilled yet with scripting.

)
    Which parameter is it?

I subsequently learned (here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=parameter) setting parameters with scripting was never implemented. If you add your name to the list, maybe it will be in the future.

However, if the parameter can be set manually, as you say it can be, then there should be other means of doing it programmatically, just not from HS at the current time..

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Orbit,

How are you 'setting' the status of the RF9517 ??

I agree with your logic, and came to the same 4 events that you did.

My problem is that I'm missing how to set the status of the RF9517. What means do you use to do that?

I'm not sure about the scripting stuff yet... Hopefully that is the next thing I learn.

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    NeverDie,

Yes, there is a known parameter, but I'm not skilled yet with scripting.

(If someone wanted to give me a simple scripting example, or point me to a tutorial. I could come up to speed on it very quickly...)

I'm worried that the switches I have are one way, that is, I can change their status by turning them on or off physically, but they are 'read only'.

Does anyone know if an RF9517 can be 'set' from the HomeSeer??
    (Sometimes knowing it can be done is half the battle.)

Leave a comment:

• Olbrit
    replied
    As you can see I never got another response so what I stayed with was a workaround by creating 4 events to synchronize the 9501/9517 on/off indicators in HS2. Basically:
    1. If 9501 changes status to off and 9517 is on, switch 9517 off
    2. If 9501 changes status to on and 9517 is off, switch 9517 on
    3. If 9517 changes status to off and 9501 is on, switch 9501 off
    4. If 9517 changes status to on and 9501 is off switch 9501 on

Probably better ways to do this, but this has worked fine for me for the last 4+ years...
    (I didn't know about being able to use 'Run script: &hs.PollDevice "Q7" ' in an event when I started the post so that may have worked, but as a policy I try to have minimum polling so I may have not used it anyway).

Leave a comment:

• NeverDie
    replied
    I haven't looked into it (yet), but I'll toss this into the brainstorm as maybe a possibility: perhaps there's a programmatic way to set parameters on a switch, such as the one you're struggling with? At least manually, I get the impression that setting parameters is one avenue for getting fine grained control over a z-wave device (e.g. setting the ramp rate on a dimmer). Beneath the surface I would guess that's how HS might be doing it, or would try to do it if it isn't already. However, you'd need to know (or find out) which parameter to toggle to affect the indicator LED. Is it known whether there's a parameter for that?

Leave a comment:

• Bilbrey
    replied
    Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
    As long as you're on the topic, just how did you do it? I have a number of these installed, and I'd very much like to know how to control the status indicator LED's so that buttons on different keypads that control the same scene can keep their indicator LED's in-sync. I've read it can be done, but I never found where anyone said how to do it.
    For the 5 Scene controller and for the RF9501 binary switch, when you create an event, you select:
    "Control a Device"

Then you select the device you want to change the status of (i.e. button 1 for example)

Then you select "Scene On" or "Scene Off" and that will turn on or off the LED status indicator for that button.

This works for the RF9501 and the 5 Scene controller

And that is what is not working for me on the other Z-wave Switch (the RF9517).

Leave a comment:

• ORNVM
    replied
    This way works for me. Not sure if its the best way or not... you would change your trigger to be on whatever scene becoming active.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X