• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Bump.
    I'll double check tomorrow but I do not think they will support instant status but they can be polled if you need to know the status.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Will these things has instante status to HS?
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    Those I've discovered and reported in Bugzilla: 2514, 2474, 2435 + the aforementioned documentation deficiencies. There are others that have been reported by others which slip my mind at present.
    In fact, my upgrading isn't at issue; I'm quite content with HS2. I've installed HS3 only for the purpose of porting some of the scripts I've provided for others.

But again, off topic. My original point was that, those of us remaining with HS2 are not a small group. Many of us may have purchased an HS3 license for one reason or another, but continue to use HS2 on our "production" systems. Support for some of this new hardware under HS2 would almost certainly increase your sales.
    Thanks Greg. I did look at the bugs you listed.. 2 are for scripting problems and the 3rd seems to be more of an enhancement request (column width adjustments).

To your point about updating the older software to increase hardware sales, I understand what you're saying but any work we levy on HS2 will take away from our HS3 effort and we're determined to focus all energies on that. Sorry. Hopefully, we can address your bugs on the next major code cleanup.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    For myself and while I purchased HS3 PRO, the thought of moving given my current time commitments is monumental. This isn't a task from what I have read goes without it's trials and tribulations. I also use a RCS-X10 TXB16 stat using doostat. So I need to change this... change this to what? I've been looking... It reports changes immediately - no polling, no nothing. If someone adjusts the temp on the WDU, HS knows about it. Then there's numerous scripts to modify.... . I may get there at some point. But for now, my system is hands off, no errors and it just runs and runs. When I have a little free time, I like to add to it now and then - hence the vents...or plugin. This isn't a serious time sucker upper. Again for me, it's just time... I agree with Greg, I'd buy more HS2 supported HW..
    If you're in the USA, you can switch to a 2GIG CT100 Z-Wave stat. It supports associations and reports local changes back to HomeSeer when someone adjusts the set points or operating modes.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    For myself and while I purchased HS3 PRO, the thought of moving given my current time commitments is monumental. This isn't a task from what I have read goes without it's trials and tribulations. I also use a RCS-X10 TXB16 stat using doostat. So I need to change this... change this to what? I've been looking... It reports changes immediately - no polling, no nothing. If someone adjusts the temp on the WDU, HS knows about it. Then there's numerous scripts to modify.... . I may get there at some point. But for now, my system is hands off, no errors and it just runs and runs. When I have a little free time, I like to add to it now and then - hence the vents...or plugin. This isn't a serious time sucker upper. Again for me, it's just time... I agree with Greg, I'd buy more HS2 supported HW..

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    I was hoping for a list of specific bugs that were preventing you (personally) from upgrading. That's why I asked.
    Those I've discovered and reported in Bugzilla: 2514, 2474, 2435 + the aforementioned documentation deficiencies. There are others that have been reported by others which slip my mind at present.
    In fact, my upgrading isn't at issue; I'm quite content with HS2. I've installed HS3 only for the purpose of porting some of the scripts I've provided for others.

But again, off topic. My original point was that, those of us remaining with HS2 are not a small group. Many of us may have purchased an HS3 license for one reason or another, but continue to use HS2 on our "production" systems. Support for some of this new hardware under HS2 would almost certainly increase your sales.

Leave a comment:

• mwaite
    replied
    Wrong color, wrong sizes

I contacted EcoNet to see if they had additional sizes (with color options).

I needed a 4x10 in brown (they only have white in the current EV100 version)
    I needed (x2) 4x14 in white (they don't make 4x14)

Too bad, I could have benefited from these.

They said they have added the 4x14 to their list for consideration. They informed me later this year, early next year, there will be a rev 2 of this product, so it seems no new sizes until then.

They also stated ...
    The new EV200 decorative will be available in 4x12 with several differnt grate styles (snap on grates) in 4-6 weeks. To see the grate styles we are starting with, check out photo of the EV200 series at:
    http://www.econetcontrols.com/news.php

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Again, see Bugzilla for numerous examples of problems others have reported.
    I was hoping for a list of specific bugs that were preventing you (personally) from upgrading. That's why I asked.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    which bugs are keeping you from upgrading? curious..
    I don't want to sound facetious, much less get off topic here, but I've entered several bugs myself in Bugzilla over the past few months. None of them have received acknowledgement. Most of the problems I've discovered are related to scripting functions I'd need working in order to convert some of my existing scripts from HS2.
    Then there's the web interface which I'd personally liken to a Fisher-Price toy (granted, this is a matter of opinion/taste). The incessant pop ups are distracting, and in most cases completely unnecessary. The Device Management page while resizable, does nothing to increase the field widths as another example.
    Finally, the documentation is incomplete and in many ways, incorrect. Again, see Bugzilla for numerous examples of problems others have reported.
    I do apologize Mark, but you did ask. Personally, I'm quite happy to plug away using HS2.
    Last edited by Wadenut; February 3rd, 2015, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    There are many of us unwilling to commit to HS3 just yet, at least until bugs are ironed out.
    which bugs are keeping you from upgrading? curious..

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Will these things has instante status to HS?

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Given our Canuck buck these days... it would be nice to know if they work for sure...

I thought that once they're added successfully, all is good.. no? ... though the more I think about it, it is the reporting which would be the issue.
    that and how good is the battery life!

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Given our Canuck buck these days... it would be nice to know if they work for sure...

I thought that once they're added successfully, all is good.. no? ... though the more I think about it, it is the reporting which would be the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    In this thread, someone reported it working with HS2...
    Given that, I thought for about ten seconds about buying one to try; then I saw the price. Now, I think I'd need a little more corroboration.
    From experience with the Z-Smoke and HS2, I think regardless of the level of support in HS2, it would be possible to use these so long as the required devices did get created. It would be a small matter of a little script magic to make sense of things.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    what devices do they add to HS3?

do they have temp sensors in them?

i would love a few of these to balance my upstairs.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    In this thread, someone reported it working with HS2...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X