Warning message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning message

Hi - I'm trying to migrate from HS2 to HS3.
    I keep finding the following warming in my HS3 log and wondered if anybody could help me identify the issue;

X10 WARNING CM11A Possible no response to send data, still waiting

If disable and re-enable the plugin it goes away for a while but I eventually start seeing it again.

I still use a CM11 with HS3, and I am not getting any error messages with it. How is your CM11 connected ? USB or serial ? Mine is serial, and I always found the serial connection to work best.

Tim

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      Its actually a CM12U and yes it is a serial connection. I never got errors reported when using with HS2.

Comment

Mine presently has HS3 X10 plug in 3.0.0.35 - do you have the same ? The X10 kit was least troublesome for me, Bye Bye Standby put up a much harder fight with Homeseer until I got the RfxTrx433 !

You don't have HS2 active at the same time as HS3 do you ? That would tie up the com port and give you an error message.

Tim

Comment

Yes it is the 3.0.0.35, and No I don't have HS2 running concurrently. I did have and that gave a FATAL for the X10 plugin in HS3!

Comment

And today; X10 ERROR error in GetUpload :Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Comment

OK, lets have a look at the settings. Plug-Ins/Manage shows my CM11 to be on Com1. Do you know from HS2 if you have the right com port set up here ? Clicking on the plug-in name "X10" opens up a config screen where I have "Current protocol = CM11A compatible".

If your settings are the same here, then try disabling then re-enabling the X10 plug in. What does the HS3 log show you now ?

Comment

As an example, my log shows this when I disable then enable the X10 plug-in:

Feb-07 12:39:01 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10
                Feb-07 12:39:00 Info Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port COM1
                Feb-07 12:39:00 Info Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53227
                Feb-07 12:37:44 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Feb-07 12:37:44 Info Plugin X10 with instance: has disconnected
                Feb-07 12:37:44 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: X10
                Tim

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                  At the moment I only have one Com port - I took the others out to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the issue - so it is Com 1.
                  I have disable,d restarted and re-enabled a few times.
                  The log;
                  Feb-07 2:15:55 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10 Feb-07 2:15:55 PM Info Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port COM1 Feb-07 2:15:55 PM Info Plug-in X10 has connected successfully Feb-07 2:15:55 PM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:59028 Feb-07 2:15:55 PM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:59027 Feb-07 2:15:50 PM Info Plugin X10 with instance: has disconnected Feb-07 2:15:50 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: X10

Comment

Hi,

When you say you have taken the other com ports out, does that mean they are on a plug in card (Pci/Pcie) ? Or they are virtual USB comports ? My point is that if they are on plug in cards you could try a different card.

Tim

Comment

The other Com ports were a plugin card.
                      The Com I am using is on the motherboard.

Comment

The only time I have seen those errors is when I unplug my CM11 from the wall or disconnect the serial cable. Which version of HS3 are you running? Do you have an X10.ini file in your config folder? Mine contains:

Code:
                        [Default]
                        Protocol=0
                        PollInterval=300
                        Are you running the X10 plugin remotely? HS3 seems to think so based on your log entries: Remote application or plugin has connected. If not, I would delete the plugin with the red X on the manage plugins page and then on your HS3 machine confirm that all instances of hspi_x10.exe are no longer running (kill them with task manager if you need to) and then reinstall it.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

24 hours and no errors so maybe.....
                          I like to do one thing at a time;
                          First I deleted and reinstalled - still got an error.
                          Next I deleted restarted HS and reinstalled - still got an error.
                          Lastly I deleted, shut down HS and rebooted the server. Then re-installed - so far so good.
                          I wonder if it is/was anything to with running on Server 2012R2.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

I spoke too soon. Back to the warning messages overnight :-(

Comment

I'm still getting this error message and it is causing problems with event actions happening some time after the trigger - I assume when the communication with the X10 interface actually happens.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the cause / fix for this please.

Comment

Working...
                              X