Aeon Minimote and Intermatic HA02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon Minimote and Intermatic HA02

My HS2(2.5.0.81)/Z-Troller(1.12) system still has some HA02 appliance modules for LED lamp control. I picked up a Aeon Minimote V2 for use as a secondary controller so that I could independently operate the HA02s and have the use of the ALL On/Off functionality.

When replicating the Z-wave primary database to the Minimote, HS2 reports an error and the Minimote does not appears as a HS2 node.

The Z-Wave database appears to be replicated in the Minimote since the HA02 seems to add correctly to the Minimote. However, the Minimote will not turn the HA02 on, but, oddly, it will turn the HA02 off. The HS2 Node display indicates the HA02 is a "SWITCH BINARY".

Has any one successfully used an HA02 with a Minimote? TIA.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I would start with upgrading your z-troller to version 1.17. It's available here: http://homeseer.com/older-downloads.html. There's been quite a few changes since 1.12, so it may work better then. You may want to replicate again after.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had considered upgrading to 1.17, but I seem to recall issues in the very dim past where Z-Troller upgrades went bad and resulted in Z-Troller bricks.

I don't have a backup Z-Troller and I don't believe the replacement (for HS2) is in place yet.

If I knew what circumstances caused the Z-Troller bricks perhaps I could avoid the problem.

Mark

Edit: I see the Z-NET is in the HS Store, but apparently does not, and will not, work with HS2.
      Last edited by Mark42; February 28th, 2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
        Al,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I had considered upgrading to 1.17, but I seem to recall issues in the very dim past where Z-Troller upgrades went bad and resulted in Z-Troller bricks.

I don't have a backup Z-Troller and I don't believe the replacement (for HS2) is in place yet.

If I knew what circumstances caused the Z-Troller bricks perhaps I could avoid the problem.

Mark

Edit: I see the Z-NET is in the HS Store, but apparently does not, and will not, work with HS2.
        Hi Mark,

The possibility of bricking electronics during a firmware upgrade always exists. I always make sure the devices are plugged into a UPS. I've updated both my z-trollers a few times and never had an issue. You may need to go to HS3 at some point as well as newer z-wave devices may not work properly with HS2.

The good thing with the z-net being in the store is that used z-trollers will start becoming available for relatively cheap.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I think prudence dictates that I wait until I can acquire a backup Z-Troller or make the move to HS3.

I'll put the minimote aside and continue to use my existing (unsightly) Intermatic HA07.

HS3 is inevitable I suppose, but I'm unclear as to what HS interfaces have already been migrated besides Z-Wave. I also have RFXCOM, ADIO-100, and NetCam. Also a 3rd Party interface to the ENVI Current Cost (the HS interface was always problematic IMO). I assume any 'user' RS232 type interface, e.g. 1-Wire, APC UPS, Enviracom, etc. would still work (presently via an Edgeport 8xRS232 to USB).

Mark

Comment

I successfully upgraded my Z-Troller from 1.12 to 1.17 (after picking up a spare Z-Troller).

Unfortunately, the Aeon Minimote/HS2/HA02 behavior is unchanged, i.e. the Minimote does not add 'cleanly' to HS2 as a secondary (although the database replication to the Minimote appears to be ok), and the Minimote will not turn on the HA02 appliance module, it will only turn it off.

I know the Minimote works with a Levition Lamp dimmer module, so it would probably work with the Levition appliance module. But I hate to spend another 2x$45 just so I can use my minimote.

Comment

Working...
            X