Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I control a Cooper Receptacle with a Cooper Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I control a Cooper Receptacle with a Cooper Switch?

I have a room where I want to add a floor lamp, plugged into one of Cooper RFTR9505-T receptacles. Can this receptacle be controlled by a Cooper RF9501 switch, which by itself does not control any load directly? I assume by setting up an association, I should be able to to. But I wanted to be sure before i go through the pain of adding a switch...

No, not without problems

The 501 Swihch will associate with and control the 505 Receptical. But that switch must also have a Load to function without generating lots of errors.

You need to use the ASPIRE RF Accessory Switch RF9517.

I am Using the Z-NET with 3.0.0.208 Zwave plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
      The 501 .... switch must also have a Load to function without generating lots of errors.
      That's what I was afraid of... Accessory switch shouldn't be an issue, right? It should control the load indirectly, much in the same way as it does in my Cooper 3-way setups?

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
      I am Using the Z-NET with 3.0.0.208 Zwave plugin.
      I'd love to get one of those, to see it it works better than my Z-Troller. Unfortunately, it seems to be always out of stock...

Comment

Yep, just like in the 3-way setup.

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
        That's what I was afraid of... Accessory switch shouldn't be an issue, right? It should control the load indirectly, much in the same way as it does in my Cooper 3-way setups?

I'd love to get one of those, to see it it works better than my Z-Troller. Unfortunately, it seems to be always out of stock...
        Yep, just like in the 3-way setup.

I think they will have a lot of Z-NETS to release fast as soon as they pull the plugin out initial beta. That should be soon. All the basics seem to be working fine. At the moment I am much better off since I moved to HS3 back in July. I did junk all my 100 chip series devices and a few old 300 series. The hold up might be trying to meet their claim that Z-NET will work with all the older devices and some plugins.

It doesl work much better than our old Z-Trollers, especially with all the newer Zwave devices and battery powered devices (except old ones).

Hope you get yours soon.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
          I have a room where I want to add a floor lamp, plugged into one of Cooper RFTR9505-T receptacles. Can this receptacle be controlled by a Cooper RF9501 switch, which by itself does not control any load directly? I assume by setting up an association, I should be able to to. But I wanted to be sure before i go through the pain of adding a switch...
          This should work no problem. You might also save money by buying non-functional 9517 accessory since you won't have any load on it.

Switches that require load to operate are ones not needing neutral wire (9518/9520).

Comment

Working...
          X