X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Warm Glow A19 60W equivalent $7.97

Hope this link works:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-6...d=046677455811

This is a dimmable 60w equivalent LED bulb I had been looking for - its big claim to fame is that its color temperature becomes redder as it dims, mimicking an incandescent bulb. I had heard that it was going to be selling for $10/ea. at Home Depot, but when I went in today it was on sale for $7.97. (Amazon yesterday was selling them at 2/$20 - haven't checked back with them since.)

The only problem I see so far is that it flickers a little while the dim level is changing, using a GE/Jasco module Version: 3.2 (ZDK 4.52) Firmware: 3.24. Once the dim level has finished changing, there is no flicker. The color transition as it dims down is fairly subtle. Don't know about any other specs at this time.

I called my local Home Depot where I bought them to find out how long they would be on sale for $2 off, and the person I spoke to couldn't tell me.

Worth checking out, if you're interested in an inexpensive LED bulb solution that mimics an incandescent bulb.

Additional info - now that it's getting darker, it's pretty obvious that the top half of the bulb emits more light than the bottom - there's a pretty defined horizontal line across the lampshade where the downward light is less that the upward (using the bulb base-down in a standard portable lamp) - but hey - $8?.
    Last edited by madigan; April 7th, 2015, 05:44 PM. Reason: More info

Thanks for posting! I'm always looking for LED info and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
      Thanks for posting! I'm always looking for LED info and really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Barry
      I bought a bunch of Osram/Sylvania (YGA03A14-8.5W-827) from Lowes around Christmas time. I am not using them in dimming situations, but they were a steal at $4.98 each and have a fairly good colour (~2700K according to packaging - although they seem marginally brighter than that to me). However, they seem to have been discontinued already and replaced with a more expensive model!

I haven't tried the sunset type models now out there, but I believe they add an orange LED and cross fade the white and orange LEDs as you dim them.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
      X