Kwikset 916 with HS2 PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwikset 916 with HS2 PRO

I just installed my second Kwikset zwave deadbolt lock. This is the 916 model with the touchscreen. I was able to add the device by first removing it and then adding by clicking on the "add node" button. The add function all returned successful and the 4 devices (root, alarm, lock, and battery) were added. The lock works correctly with zwave commands, but the issue I am having is that no statuses appear for the lock under the child alarm device as it does with my other older model kwikset z-wave deadbolt lock. I looked at the child alarm device for the older model at it has listed several of the status codes along with descriptions. So I also added those statuses manually, but to no avail. I read on the forums here to removed and re-add the device. I did that several times and each time I get the same result. I already bought HS3, but I still do not have all of my devices working reliably. For now HS2 is the better option until I work out the remaining issues with HS3.

Does anyone know how I can get this working on HS2? Is anyone using this lock successfully in HS3 using a WD10-USB 5.03 firmware (or whatever the exact model# is)?

Thanks,

PJN

First thing I would try is upgrading to 2.5.0.81 and then rescanning. There were quite a few z-wave enhancements between .52 and .81. You can download it from here: http://homeseer.com/older-downloads.html. Make sure to shut down HS first and then do a full-backup before upgrading.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      First thing I would try is upgrading to 2.5.0.81 and then rescanning. There were quite a few z-wave enhancements between .52 and .81. You can download it from here: http://homeseer.com/older-downloads.html. Make sure to shut down HS first and then do a full-backup before upgrading.

Cheers
      Al
      Thanks for the quick reply sparkman. I hadn't updated my signature (now it is). I am actually on 2.5.0.80. I never installed 81 because it was only a fix to an unrelated device that I am not using.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

bump! Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Sorry, I have no other ideas except deleting and re-scanning . Even though that didn't work before, I've had it in the past as well where some z-wave device would not scan properly a bunch of times and then finally work. You may still want to try .81 as well as sometimes non-documented fixes made it into HS2 (and HS3) releases.

Searching the board, it looks like there are no posts of anyone having this lock working (or not working) on HS3, but you are likely to get much better support for HS3 if it doesn't work with it. You can always do a trial install for HS3 and test just that device. Follow the steps in post #4 of this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1121570.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Thanks Sparkman. I actually own HS3, but have not yet installed it. I am going to try the rescan a few more times and go from there. BTW is it normal that each time I remove then re-add the node that it gets a new ID. It is a bit of a pain to have to go through the config like that each time.

Thanks again for the response.

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
                Thanks Sparkman. I actually own HS3, but have not yet installed it. I am going to try the rescan a few more times and go from there. BTW is it normal that each time I remove then re-add the node that it gets a new ID. It is a bit of a pain to have to go through the config like that each time.

Thanks again for the response.

-Paul
                Hi Paul,

If you delete it from your controller, then yes, it will create a new node ID each time. I would just delete the child devices, and then rescan the root device.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Sucess

Thanks Sparkman. The method you described worked after the first try. I had been using a method described in another thread where they said to remove the node and then re-add it. I followed your steps of deleting the (3) child nodes and then initiating a rescan from the root device (zwave controller was within 12" of lock when doing this). After the first rescan the child devices now report correctly.
                  Last edited by pohoda; April 19th, 2015, 01:28 PM. Reason: adding clarification for others that may need this info.

Comment

Working...
                  X