Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the Plug-in?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where is the Plug-in?

    I want to try the Plug-in. It downloaded and installed okay - see screenshot - but it doesn't show up in my list of plug-ins. Any ideas?
    The controller is HomeTroller Zee S2 running the latest Hs3 version.
    Malcolm

    #2
    1. It doesn't look like it's installed.
    2. Strange that the ver. is pretty old - 3.0.0.5, I need to check with HST
    3. The latest version is available in BETA section - 3.0.0.18
    4. In any case - when troubleshooting plugin install - more info is available in the logs

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-04 235956.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1374971

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-05 000555.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1374972

    Comment


      #3
      The log shows it was successful but then gives this error message
      Apr-04 14:23:09 Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKIkea.exe: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
      Apr-04 14:23:08 Updater Install/Update of package AK Ikea was successful.
      Malcolm

      Comment


        #4
        I had a similar problem, and the startup log also revealed missing dependencies. It’s seemingly related to the version of Mono (using an SEL). May start a separate thread on this, as now fallen down this rather problematic rabbit-hole, which others should beware.

        Once Mono was updated to 5.x, the plug-in started initiating and showing up (though was seemingly unable to authenticate the Gateway), but this had the side effect of wiping out all of the IF elements of Events - apparently a known issue in this scenario. Eek.

        I’ve now rolled it back successfully (breaking the plug-in startup again), but now Events have been wiped entirely. Going for a backup (fingers crossed), but not ideal!

        Be great to clarify if there is a dependency on a particular version of Mono and / or ideally have it work with earlier (3.x) versions if at all possible.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
          The log shows it was successful but then gives this error message
          Apr-04 14:23:09 Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKIkea.exe: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
          Apr-04 14:23:08 Updater Install/Update of package AK Ikea was successful.
          Would be great to know what OS, what version, what plugin version?

          If you are on Linux - you should have more output in the console window.
          If on Windows - please enable "Developer Mode" (top of the plugins table) - then the plugin should start with console window - you should see more output there.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by rahaaas View Post
            I had a similar problem, and the startup log also revealed missing dependencies. It’s seemingly related to the version of Mono (using an SEL). May start a separate thread on this, as now fallen down this rather problematic rabbit-hole, which others should beware.

            Once Mono was updated to 5.x, the plug-in started initiating and showing up

            Be great to clarify if there is a dependency on a particular version of Mono and / or ideally have it work with earlier (3.x) versions if at all possible.
            Just wondering why 5.x? Latest Mono is 6.8.0.

            If you had a similar problem - why not ask? On Linux you should see more output in the console window. What exactly was the problem?

            I can't test on every Mono version. Especially 3.x

            Comment


              #7
              Current Date/Time: 4/4/2020 2:36:45 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 6 Hours 11 Minutes 34 Seconds
              IP Address:
              Number of Devices: 137
              Number of Events: 32
              Available Threads: 393
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 1
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0

              Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.7272.26248: UltraLighting3
              3.0.2.0: Z-Wave
              Malcolm

              Comment


                #8
                and...
                Apr-04 14:38:59 Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKIkea.exe: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
                Apr-04 14:38:58 Updater Install/Update of package AK Ikea was successful.
                Malcolm

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by MalcolmS View Post
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 6 Hours 11 Minutes 34 Seconds
                  Thank you, this explains why Mono 3.x

                  May be try https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...date-to-mono-5

                  When you start the plugin - you should see some error output in the console window, please check.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                    Just wondering why 5.x? Latest Mono is 6.8.0.


                    If you had a similar problem - why not ask? On Linux you should see more output in the console window. What exactly was the problem?


                    I can't test on every Mono version. Especially 3.x
                    - That’s a good question! I’m not terribly familiar with Linux, TBH, so was following the Homeseer support article on it: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-sel-to-mono-5. It’s clearly caused a lot of headaches for people.

                    - Only happened just now. Was trying to get to the bottom of it, and noticed someone having a similar problem. All the forums around similar messages point to Mono, so I expect I’m not the only one. But mebbe.

                    - Much the same error under the original Mono version: Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKIkea.exe: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load type 'Typespec 0x1b000006'.

                    - I totally understand about testing, especially so in the context of this being a beta. I just wonder how many others have a legacy Mono version pre-installed out there (if this is, indeed, what’s going on) and whether making it backward compatible (if it doesn’t compromise function) would remove a hurdle for the product.

                    - I also get that most HA enthusaists will be able to cope with a bit of poking around, but it does seem that Mono is a PITA when it comes to breaking things in different versions.

                    Much appreciated that you’re writing this at all - would be great to get this working in HS and ditch the awful IKEA software.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

                      Thank you, this explains why Mono 3.x

                      May be try https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...date-to-mono-5

                      When you start the plugin - you should see some error output in the console window, please check.
                      So, this is exactly what I did.

                      This is known (I find out afterwards, of course!) to break the IF portion of any events set up on earlier Mono versions. The only route back is either recreate all your events from scratch, or downgrade to 3.x, then restore the system. Which I’ve just successfully done. Phew!

                      Or, you can export the events, then update, then reimport your events. Not ideal.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by rahaaas View Post

                        Be great to clarify if there is a dependency on a particular version of Mono and / or ideally have it work with earlier (3.x) versions if at all possible.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-05 013507.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1374998
                        Nice joke

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rahaaas View Post

                          - That’s a good question! I’m not terribly familiar with Linux, TBH, so was following the Homeseer support article on it: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-sel-to-mono-5. It’s clearly caused a lot of headaches for people.

                          - Only happened just now. Was trying to get to the bottom of it, and noticed someone having a similar problem. All the forums around similar messages point to Mono, so I expect I’m not the only one. But mebbe.

                          - Much the same error under the original Mono version: Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_AKIkea.exe: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_AKIkea.exe: Could not load type 'Typespec 0x1b000006'.

                          - I totally understand about testing, especially so in the context of this being a beta. I just wonder how many others have a legacy Mono version pre-installed out there (if this is, indeed, what’s going on) and whether making it backward compatible (if it doesn’t compromise function) would remove a hurdle for the product.

                          - I also get that most HA enthusaists will be able to cope with a bit of poking around, but it does seem that Mono is a PITA when it comes to breaking things in different versions.

                          Much appreciated that you’re writing this at all - would be great to get this working in HS and ditch the awful IKEA software.
                          It is working in HS.

                          It's using latest technologies which are not supported in 7 y.e. Mono

                          Also, I really appreciate when you try to provide more info when asking for help. Not just "It doesn't work".

                          By just looking for clues you can see the answer: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-05 013858.png Views:	0 Size:	7.8 KB ID:	1375003


                          Originally posted by rahaaas View Post
                          whether making it backward compatible (if it doesn’t compromise function) would remove a hurdle for the product.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            You can try ver. 3.0.0.19 - in BETA section until approved by HST.
                            I changed target framework from netstadard2.0 to .NET4.6.2, so it removes dependency on assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0'

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rahaaas View Post
                              I totally understand about testing, especially so in the context of this being a beta.
                              The only reason why it's in BETA - because I can only publish in BETA, then HST is supposed to move to release area. But they are not in a hurry.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X