Gateway showing as 'Unauthorised'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

That's the .NET version problem. I'll check the dependency of Newtonsoft.Json library - since it's not my code - I don't have much control, unless I compile from source.
    Yeah, it looks like you have .NET before 4.6 - I'm trying to find correlation between Mono version and .NET version - I'm not Linux expert myself.

I could possibly try to reduce .NET version requirement even further - to say 4.5, but it's probably is better to upgrade Mono.

Comment

Regarding HS events - you might have a look at my AK Smart Device plugin - the aim was exactly to minimise the use of HS events!

Comment

I found this

useful parameters are MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug and MONO_LOG_MASK=asm, which will make Mono output detailed information about assemblies being loaded. It will come in handy when there is something wrong with the project dependencies.

Comment

Regarding HS events - you might have a look at my AK Smart Device plugin - the aim was exactly to minimise the use of HS events!
          Will do! It’s going to be a big old job, but sure they’d all benefit from an update. Unless HS4 lives up to the hype .

Comment

I found this
            Perfectly happy to update Mono / whatever the other dependencies are when I can, as long as the system doesn’t explode again...

Kind of depends on whether you want to support these probably quite common, albeit legacy, systems. Can’t believe it’s not come up before.

Happy to give the Mono tracing a go in the meantime.

Your Linux is obviously light years ahead of mine... So. Oooookay. So that would be:
            export MONO_OPTIONS=--trace=E:all export MONO_LOG_MASK=asm export MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug Right..? Not all that clear where the Mono logs are.

Comment

Originally posted by rahaaas View Post

Perfectly happy to update Mono / whatever the other dependencies are when I can, as long as the system doesn’t explode again...

Kind of depends on whether you want to support these probably quite common, albeit legacy, systems. Can’t believe it’s not come up before.

Happy to give the Mono tracing a go in the meantime.

Your Linux is obviously light years ahead of mine... So. Oooookay. So that would be:
              export MONO_OPTIONS=--trace=E:all export MONO_LOG_MASK=asm export MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug Right..? Not all that clear where the Mono logs are.
              Yeah, something like this.

It's again 1:30 am, so talk tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by rahaaas View Post

Will do! It’s going to be a big old job, but sure they’d all benefit from an update. Unless HS4 lives up to the hype .
                Regarding HS4 - they didn't change much in the event engine, mostly UI uplift. And I suspect it will take another 6 months to get it going

Comment

Any progress on that? Before it's 2am again ​​​​​​​

Comment

BTW, maybe try ver 3.0.0.24 - I did more dependency clean-up

Comment

Ha! Next step would be finding a way of getting an output from Mono over an SSH session... Hopefully get a chance to investigate that later.

Comment

Strange that some do have problems with Mono, some don't

I think to get output from SSH you need to kill HS - then start HS from SSH. And I suspect Mono trace will be just in the same window output.

I'm trying to sort it out too. But it's much easier if you could connect a monitor. What device it is again?

Comment

Yah. It is odd. Maybe it’s just the way that HS have handled the system image.

It’s a SEL. So runs Ubuntu. I have to pull it out of the loft, and into my chaotic mid-renovation lounge TV, as the only screen accessible at the moment. And in the middle of children.

Keep meaning to get a RD GUI up and running, which might do it. Also not sure on starting / stopping the service. Everything I’ve read talks about various scripts, none of which seem definitive.

So somewhere among that, I’ll have a go. Would be nice to get to the bottom of to help bulletproof the code, but also tempting to just update and hope the events don’t get obliterated...

Comment

Yeah, actually - enable VNC

[EDIT] Assuming they have GUI, which is unlikely?

Comment

Hmm, I didn't know it's such a pain https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...to-latest-mono

Comment

Yah [sick emoticon].

It’s odd that this hasn’t cropped up before when developing (or installing, and I must have used 50+) other plugins.

Up until now, I’ve tried as far as possible to keep the box untampered with, so I don’t think it’s some weird thing I’ve done. Mebbe.

Will need a couple of days to get hold of a new keyboard and mouse for the SEL. Not convinced there’s another straightforward way to get what’s needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X