Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahaaas View Post
    Yah [sick emoticon].

It’s odd that this hasn’t cropped up before when developing (or installing, and I must have used 50+) other plugins.
    Sometimes I do get request from users, but they manage to fix it by upgrading Mono, so I was never really involved before.

Newer libraries are developed for newer .NET versions (i.e. .NET Core or .NET Standard) which will create more and more problems in the future.

Currently to avoid these kind of problems with HS - I have to build most libs from source which is a pain.

I might build Newtonsoft.Json myself, hopefully it will fix your problem.

We'll keep looking.

Comment

Understood.

It’s an odd platform, and an odd sector. Sort-of embedded, often critical, needs to be both stable and yet innovative and agile. Often tinkered with and also weirdly neglected.

I can’t help but think that should result in the software / hardware provider (ie HomeSeer) providing a balance between the stability of its systems, and providing a base for innovation. ie it should be able to properly support updates to key frameworks. It’s why I didn’t home-brew it all in the first place - I actually just want it to work.* Aaaaand then admittedly fiddle with it a bit.

Aaaaaaanyway. Let’s see if we can find a fix: if not, I’m going Mono The Future.

EDIT: *To be fair to HomeSeer, it looks like this is happening with HS4: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...read-carefully

Comment

I don't get why they event went the Linux route - HS is .NET - which is MS, so on Linux they just extra hassle with Mono. WHy?

[EDIT]

And what's more irritating - the software must be compatible with newer Mono versions. Why upgrading Mono breaks the HS functionality?

Comment

To be fair to HomeSeer, it looks like this is happening with HS4: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...read-carefully
          They still use Mono 5.20 - and call it "most up-to-date" - when the latest is 6.8.0

Comment

Perfectly happy to update Mono / whatever the other dependencies are when I can, as long as the system doesn’t explode again...

Kind of depends on whether you want to support these probably quite common, albeit legacy, systems. Can’t believe it’s not come up before.

Happy to give the Mono tracing a go in the meantime.

Your Linux is obviously light years ahead of mine... So. Oooookay. So that would be:
            export MONO_OPTIONS=--trace=E:all export MONO_LOG_MASK=asm export MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug Right..? Not all that clear where the Mono logs are.
            Here' similar discussion for AKGoogleCast plugin

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-install/page2

So, the idea is to open another terminal window (same HS root folder) and start the plugin manually with Mono assembly load tracing:

Code:
            sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL="debug" MONO_LOG_MASK="dll" mono HSPI_AKIkea.exe
            And post the output - as attachment as it will be a lot...

[EDIT]

Output will be in the same console window

Comment

That’s great. Thanks. Should get a chance to get on this in the next couple of days. Will let you know what occurs!

Comment

. Can’t believe it’s not come up before.
                There's a lot of discussions on HS forum about these issues on SEL
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...89#post1284089

pointing to

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...QfCNbuQxXBSEsA

Comment

Yep. That thread is what got me into trouble. It worked, but doesn't mention the issue with Events, and only at the end does it correct the issue with deleting the latest version marker... Was in touch with HS about it, and they acknowledged the upgrade issue with the IF statements, and have said they'll update the support article on it.

Comment

A quick SSH in produced some output, attached. This any use? Obviously some missing files...

[EDIT: Running 3.0.0.26]
                    Attached Files

Comment

Then:

Code:
                      [COLOR=#FF8C00]System.Net.Sockets.SocketOptionName 0x1b is not supported at IPv6 level[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FF0000]Missing method System.Array::Empty<[1]>() in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_AKIkea.exe[/COLOR]

[169]: [COLOR=#FF0000]ConnectGateway: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'.
                      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.S erializeConvertable (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter converter, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract collectionContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.S erializeValue (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract valueContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.S erializeObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract collectionContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0[/COLOR]
                      [169]: Request failed() : /15001
                      [169]: ERROR MakeRequest<List`1>(/15001):
                      System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
                      Parameter name: s
                      ...on repeat.

Comment

A quick SSH in produced some output, attached. This any use? Obviously some missing files...

[EDIT: Running 3.0.0.26]
                        Missing files in this log are normal - it's looking in different folders.

But it does show "Could not find org.freedesktop.Avahi" meaning that you don't have avahi-daemon.

Comment

Missing method System.Array::Empty<[1]>() in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_AKIkea.exe

[169]: ConnectGateway: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'.
                          That's the outdated Mono version. You should really ask HST support jseer - they should be able to guide you

Comment

Please post your comments:
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-updating-mono

Comment

rahaaas - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...read-carefully

Comment

[
                                Code:
                                169]: [newIkea] New Receiver (127.0.0.1): Setting new IP address: 192.168.1.97:80

System.Net.Sockets.SocketOptionName 0x1b is not supported at IPv6 level

Missing method System.Array::Empty<[1]>() in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_AKIkea.exe

[169]: ConnectGateway: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'.

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter converter, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract collectionContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeValue (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract valueContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract collectionContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                                We still can try to make it work, like I did recently with another SEL victim (for different plugin AKGoogleCast) - I ended up sending him most of missing System DLLs to copy them locally in the plugin bin folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X