No announcement yet.

Unable to get the plugin working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I did a bit of quick testing and it recognises the devices as per the screenshots below and the outlet device is able to be controlled. The issue is it makes the system slightly unresponsive and fills the log up as per screen shot 3.

when I enable the plug in the Jowihue issue reappears. that plug in has the same type of devices associated with it through a the deconz hub rather than the ikea hub

thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-07 212942.png Views:	0 Size:	174.5 KB ID:	1375873Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-07 213234.png Views:	0 Size:	251.2 KB ID:	1375874Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-04-07 212817.png Views:	0 Size:	414.9 KB ID:	1375875

Comment

That's great.

Most devices support "observation" - so you don't need polling at all. Just in case observation fails - I still use the polling timer.
      For remote control and sound controller it's safe to set polling time to 0 - since there's no useful info from them at this time.
      Main device polling is used to detect when new devices/groups are added - so it's safe to disable (or set to 60 sec) when you don't plan to add more devices.
      For other devices you can set polling time to 10 sec. This will improve system responsiveness.

Please note that main config screen has 2 sec timer - so it's a bit fiddly to change polling time here. Individual config screens are easier.

Comment

I'll fix the log.

Regarding the outlet (plug) - does it actually work? i.e.

1. Reflects the state change when you control it via the Ikea app?
        2. Controls the state with On/Off buttons (and reflects the state change)?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeeee30 View Post
          the reason I ask about the Jowihue issue is that this error isn't there if your plugin is disabled but is when your plugin is enabled
          If you can reproduce the issue - I can fix it. But may be create an new thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            I'll fix the log.

Regarding the outlet (plug) - does it actually work? i.e.

1. Reflects the state change when you control it via the Ikea app?
            2. Controls the state with On/Off buttons (and reflects the state change)?
            Yes it works really well thanks. I will try enabling the plug in again and changing the refresh times

thanks

Comment

Great, thank you.

Comment

Hello, I can't find the beta for this in the Beta Section. I am trying to test the new devices.
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                  Hello, I can't find the beta for this in the Beta Section. I am trying to test the new devices.
                  I think HST just moved from BETA to release 3.0.0.26

Comment

So is it no longer beta? I saw you said you were submitting beta again.
                    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      So is it no longer beta? I saw you said you were submitting beta again.
                      I can only submit new versions in BETA section, then HST move from BETA to release (when they feel like)

In any case there are always release notes links (in both BETA and release)

http://plugins.homeseer.com/releasenotes?productid=382

Comment

im having trouble with the plugin. i have to manually type in the Ip adress of the GW. i get the green arrow when i type inn the security code. but nothing happens, when i check the log its full of errors. im using homeseer 3 on hometroller sel. What can be wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikea error 2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	1392239Click image for larger version

Name:	ikea error 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	1392240

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by erdna84@hotmail.com View Post
                          im having trouble with the plugin. i have to manually type in the Ip adress of the GW. i get the green arrow when i type inn the security code. but nothing happens, when i check the log its full of errors. im using homeseer 3 on hometroller sel. What can be wrong?
                          There's a problem on Linux with older Mono versions, and there was a thread about in this forum, I'll find it. What's you Mono?

[EDIT]

@erdna84 there was similar discussion here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...thorised/page5

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

There's a problem on Linux with older Mono versions, and there was a thread about in this forum, I'll find it. What's you Mono?

[EDIT]

@erdna84 there was similar discussion here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...thorised/page5
                            Thank you. i had mono 3.2.8. updated to mono 5, now it works perfekt

Comment

Great, that was easy

Comment

On a side note, you are using your email address as your user name - I don't think it's a good idea, eventually you'll get too much spam

Comment

Working...
                                X