Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error after upgrade to HS4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Error after upgrade to HS4

    After I upgraded the system to HS4 I see a error in the log and the plugin is not running

    10-26-2020 17:03:51 Legacy-Plugin AK Ikea Warning Running on 'windows' - using Locator.Tmds.DeviceLocator

    What does this mean?
    In HS3 I had also the problem when I restart HS the plugin always gives a error and I should switch it on and off.

    Regrads,
    Antoon

    #2
    Originally posted by antoon View Post
    After I upgraded the system to HS4 I see a error in the log and the plugin is not running

    10-26-2020 17:03:51 Legacy-Plugin AK Ikea Warning Running on 'windows' - using Locator.Tmds.DeviceLocator

    What does this mean?
    In HS3 I had also the problem when I restart HS the plugin always gives a error and I should switch it on and off.

    Regrads,
    Antoon
    This is not an error - that's normal information that the plugin is using TmDS Zeroconf (mDNS) library.

    But what do you mean by "plugin is not running"? And what plugin version?

    Comment


      #3
      When I start HS the plugin always gives me a error on the plugin page.
      The events are also not running.
      Then I switch off and on the plug manual and most of the time it is running then.

      Now my system is up for 12 hours and on the plugin page it stil says plugin start is pending.
      Events now are working fine.

      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Please stop the plugin, enable "Developer Mode" and start again.
        It should open console window where you should see any errors.
        Also, please check the IKEA bridge configuration and may be post the screenshot.

        [EDIT]

        Please also install ver. 3.0.0.41 (in BETA section of the updater)
        Click image for larger version  Name:	developer_mode.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.7 KB ID:	1429004‚Äč Click image for larger version  Name:	Start-HS4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	1429005

        Comment


          #5
          I see not really a error in the console, only messages from my google, why is this in the Ikea plugin?
          See attachment

          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            TmDS Zeroconf discovery was buggy, I thought I fixed it - need to check. You can select Zeroconf instead of TmDS from the list.

            I recommend installing Apple Bonjour service https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999 - it's more reliable because it's running in the background independently from HomeSeer. Instead of each plugin constantly doing discovery. After installing the service and restarting the plugin - it will detect it and switch to Mono.Zeroconf provider automatically.

            But everything else looks ok?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by antoon View Post
              only messages from my google, why is this in the Ikea plugin?
              I checked TmDS source code - this is just a printout in the console, not a problem. But it proves the point of installing Apple Bonjour service.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                TmDS Zeroconf discovery was buggy, I thought I fixed it - need to check. You can select Zeroconf instead of TmDS from the list.

                I recommend installing Apple Bonjour service https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999 - it's more reliable because it's running in the background independently from HomeSeer. Instead of each plugin constantly doing discovery. After installing the service and restarting the plugin - it will detect it and switch to Mono.Zeroconf provider automatically.

                But everything else looks ok?
                Yes system is normal running and working now
                I will install Bonjour, it was on my old harddrive and I move now to a new drive together with HS4 and have not installed that yet.
                Thanks,

                Antoon

                Comment


                  #9
                  I start moving my plugins to HS4 - boy, it's a lot of work

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Ver 3.0.0.44 (in BETA) seems to work. I also tested with HS4 (where I did get issues before) and it's all good.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I update to .44
                      No problems at the moment, running good.
                      Thanks

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X