Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting a light to the value 1 makes the device have the value 0 (off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a light to the value 1 makes the device have the value 0 (off)

Hi alexbk66!

If I use either Google Assistant, or an Event to set a light to 1% (value 1) the light dims to the lowest possible strength as expected, but HomeSeer shows the light as Off. The IKEA app shows the light as On, and at the lowest end of the dimmer slider.

If I set the light to 2% (value 2), HomeSeer shows the value as On and value 1.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to you if you have the time to look into it.

Best Regards,
    /Zyrgh

Any light, or any particular?

Comment

It seems to be any Trådfri light. I have 4 bulbs, 1 colour and 3 white spectrum (grouped as mentioned in the other thread), and 4 LED drivers. All of them show this behaviour regardless of controlling a bulb/driver directly or controlling a group.

Comment

Are you on HS3 or HS4? I'm porting now to HS4 and I don't want to support both versions.

Comment

I am currently on HS3 after a rollback from a failed HS4 upgrade, but i totally understand you if you don't want to support both versions. I have made a temporary workaround in my events setting devices to 2% instead of 1% and temporarily removed checks in events for devices already being off before turning them off.

Comment

Originally posted by zyrgh View Post
            I am currently on HS3 after a rollback from a failed HS4 upgrade, but i totally understand you if you don't want to support both versions. I have made a temporary workaround in my events setting devices to 2% instead of 1% and temporarily removed checks in events for devices already being off before turning them off.
            After finishing porting to HS4 I will investigate this one - if it's something simple - I will port back to HS3.

Regarding upgrading to HS4 - I plan to do clen install myself, it's a chance to start clean... Same as porting plugins - I hate it, but it gives me a chance to make them cleaner.

Comment

I suspect that's because conversion from HS 0-100 range to Ikea 0-255 is

Code:
              val * 254.0 / 100.0
              Not sure why it's 254, not 255 - need to test

Comment

Ver. 3.0.0.47 - Fixed rounding brightness and group ON control

Comment

I have installed the 3.0.0.47 from the beta section. The Group On control now seems to work, and setting a light to 1% either with event or through Google Assistant will set the light to 1% in HomeSeer. Thank you!

However (and yes, this is an edge case) if you ask Google Assistant to set a light to 100% (why on earth would any sane person do that instead of using On? 😁) it becomes 99% in HomeSeer so the calculation error jumped to the other end of a scale, but that is really not an issue for me. I just wanted to do extensive testing since you fixed the issues so quickly.

Again, thank you very much!

Comment

To simplify testing yo can change the "Control Type" from Slider to "Drop List" - it makes it easier to set exact value

Comment

The actual brightness value goes from 1 to 99, and 100 means "ON". So I don't think there's any calculation error.

Comment

And Ikea interface accepts values 1 - 254, also there's separate ON and OFF command

Comment

Like I said, it is absolutely not an issue, maybe not even unexpected since we have Google, IKEA and HomeSeer doing their own calculations on the way. It only occurs when asking Google to set it to 100%. And also, like I said in the previous post. Why would anyone even ask for 100% instead of turning on :-)

Thank you for the "Control Type" tip :-) Much appreciated! HomeSeer won't even allow to select 100%, it just shows "... 98, 99, On".

Comment

Originally posted by zyrgh View Post
                            Like I said, it is absolutely not an issue, maybe not even unexpected since we have Google, IKEA and HomeSeer doing their own calculations on the way. It only occurs when asking Google to set it to 100%. And also, like I said in the previous post. Why would anyone even ask for 100% instead of turning on :-)

Thank you for the "Control Type" tip :-) Much appreciated! HomeSeer won't even allow to select 100%, it just shows "... 98, 99, On".
                            That's what I mean - 100 in HS = ON, that's why when you ask to set to 100% - it limits to 99, then if you want 100% - you set to ON.

Comment

Working...
                            X