• Show
Clear All

Thanks Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by Younglake View Post
      Thanks Alex.
      HS4 is probably good, but for plugin developers it's a pain

Comment

Regarding HS4 being good, I wouldn't know as I'm pretty new to Homeseer. In hindsight, I wish I didn't jump to HS4 so quickly as I can't really see any immediate advantages and I've done a lot of development in it so it would be a bit of a pain to go back.

Comment

Regarding HS4 being good, I wouldn't know as I'm pretty new to Homeseer. In hindsight, I wish I didn't jump to HS4 so quickly as I can't really see any immediate advantages and I've done a lot of development in it so it would be a bit of a pain to go back.
          It will get better eventually, but I suspect it will take a few months (to a year) - including plugin developers converting their plugins.

Comment

I'm sure your'e right. I moved from ECS to Homeseer for HSTouch and the newer technology that HS supports and it all seems to work quite well.

Comment

I'm sure your'e right. I moved from ECS to Homeseer for HSTouch and the newer technology that HS supports and it all seems to work quite well.
              What's ECS?

Comment

ECS is short for Event Control System by Omnipotence. It's an automation program that came out thirty years ago. It's event engine is a thing of beauty but then Homeseer came out later and many migrated to that because I think it supported newer hardware technology and was easier to interface with graphical front ends. That and many wanted him to go in a direction he didn't seem to want to go. You can find it here: http://omnipotencesoftware.com/wpr.htm . It's been completely rewritten but I haven't ventured into the new interface. Just decided to go Homeseer. He's a very talented programmer but seemed to lack the marketing skill. I could be wrong on that but it kinda seemed that way and it's too bad too as it was/is a great piece of software.

Comment

ECS is short for Event Control System by Omnipotence. It's an automation program that came out thirty years ago. It's event engine is a thing of beauty but then Homeseer came out later and many migrated to that because I think it supported newer hardware technology and was easier to interface with graphical front ends. That and many wanted him to go in a direction he didn't seem to want to go. You can find it here: http://omnipotencesoftware.com/wpr.htm . It's been completely rewritten but I haven't ventured into the new interface. Just decided to go Homeseer. He's a very talented programmer but seemed to lack the marketing skill. I could be wrong on that but it kinda seemed that way and it's too bad too as it was/is a great piece of software.
                  Cool, I wasn't aware that 20-30 years ago people already had home automation

Comment

Haha, for capable software, ECS was definitely it back then. It’s event engine back then is still incredibly more powerful than Homeseer is today. The plugin architecture of HS is what helped move it past ECS though. Unfortunately with ECS, for the most part, all supported hardware had to be hard coded. And I’m really pushing my memory here but I believe there is actually a story about a user that left ECS and started Homeseer.

Comment

all supported hardware had to be hard coded
                      Common mistake. I always create interfaces first.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plugin-library

Comment

Found an issue with setting action_urls - something is broken (probably firmware update). Looks like plugin is unable to modify the setting for the on/off action urls.

If action urls are not set properly - the plugin only updates the Inputs state using polling interval.

Please follow if interested here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-with-3-0-0-50

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                          Found an issue with setting action_urls - something is broken (probably firmware update). Looks like plugin is unable to modify the setting for the on/off action urls.

If action urls are not set properly - the plugin only updates the Inputs state using polling interval.

Please follow if interested here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-with-3-0-0-50
                          Fixed in ver. 3.0.0.53 (in BETA until approved by HST)

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.54 (in BETA) - Added support for Shelly1 temperature add-on

There's a bug in their FW for ext_temperature format - so I had to add some workaround for that in my code. When (if) they fix it - I'll have to remove the workaround.

Comment

Good news - Shelly sent me some new devices for testing, including 3EM, i3, GAS, etc:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200625_190435 - Copy.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	0
ID:	1396593

Comment

Haha, for capable software, ECS was definitely it back then. It’s event engine back then is still incredibly more powerful than Homeseer is today. The plugin architecture of HS is what helped move it past ECS though. Unfortunately with ECS, for the most part, all supported hardware had to be hard coded. And I’m really pushing my memory here but I believe there is actually a story about a user that left ECS and started Homeseer.
                                for what it's worth I still have ECS ( For Dos) 3.4 still running today....lol
                                it is connected to a Micro Redac 8 relays,8 digital inputs, 8 analog inputs
                                it just rocks still after 25 years.
                                the event engine is still years ahead of homeseer ( if then else elseif orif ....many more
                                it will be put to rest later this year when I have completely moved to homeseer.
                                Rick Tinker was the guy that left ECS for Homeseer when it first started.
                                my 2 cents.
                                Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X