Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK Shelly in "Plugin Start is Pending"

Hello,
    In am in the middle of adding the AK Shelly plugin but following the install instructions in the Sticky is not working out. After adding the plugin and enabling it it just says "Plugin Start is Pending". Do I need to restart my HS3 for this to take? I did not see that in the sticky... Thanks

Originally posted by willyv1004 View Post
    Hello,
    In am in the middle of adding the AK Shelly plugin but following the install instructions in the Sticky is not working out. After adding the plugin and enabling it it just says "Plugin Start is Pending". Do I need to restart my HS3 for this to take? I did not see that in the sticky... Thanks
    Can you please provide more info - are you on Windows or Linux? I assume you are on HS3 still.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Can you please provide more info - are you on Windows or Linux? I assume you are on HS3 still.
      Yes on a windows server 2016. I figured out the issue... in the background it had a pop up on the native machine and i was remoted into the server so I never saw the dot.net upgrade message. Once I updated all was good. Thanks

Comment

Great, that's usually the cause. Except on Windows it prompts for .NET update, but on Linux you have to work it out yourself.

Comment

Not quite out of the woods yet. Since I installed this plugin i have been having odd behaviors in HS3. First both my Ademco and Blueiris plugin lost connection with HS3. A few reboots and they came back.
          Just about an hour ago my LED's started to turn themselves on in a very strange and colorful way. They went into a random lightshow but with only one color going about halfway down the strip and another color on the other half. Not sure that was even possible, then the AK Shelly plugin lost connection so I disabled it and was going to re-enable it but now it just says "LOADED REMOTELY" in the enable column and it remains disabled. I dont really want to delete it yet as I have spent a few hours creating some basic scenes but if that is my only option then so be it. My biggest concern here is the reliability of this setup. The native Shelly App is not an option for me...

Comment

I can't really tell what's going on, nobody never had this issue. I need more info. You can enable "Developer Mode" on the PLUGINS - MANAGE page and restart the plugin. It will start with terminal window, so you can monitor the output. Also anything in the logs? Please look and provide any info. I can't fix if it's only "Doesn't work".

Comment

My biggest concern here is the reliability of this setup
              What exactly do you mean? The plugin is rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                What exactly do you mean? The plugin is rock solid.
                I was not implying that the plugin was the weak link. I am referring to the HS3 overall. I am mostly playing around to see if this is the route I want to take to control a few LED lights. Albeit that loading the plugin has brought some unexpected conditions but I think its more the .NET upgrade that may be playing havoc on the other plugins and HS3 now. Last night my HS3 shut down on its own for no reason as well as failing scenes now.

In hindsight, I have a spare HS3 license and should have spun up another virtual server and sandboxed the HS3 to test new features / plugins, etc...

I was able to get the Shelly plugin back in alignment. I also looked at the logs but did not see any entries that would point me one way or another.

Comment

HS3 is OK, it takes time to setup initially, but then I didn't have any issues for years. May be it makes sense to move to HS4 though, because HST won't be fixing any issues in HS3 anymore.

And after I finish porting my plugins to HS4 - I don't want to support HS3 versions, obviously. I have 12 plugins - don't want to provide support for 24. And any new plugin will be HS4.

Comment

Probably some sound advice as I have been contemplating this for awhile. However as I read through some threads I see many that have had their share of issues but so did I when I first started with HS3.
                    wondering... do my current plugins transfer over to HS4? Also wondering how smooth is the transition or would I have to start from scratch??? These are the issues I have been reading about. I have had many years of good performance with HS3 and like any new application I am bound to run into some issues. With over 100 devices I would hate to have to start the rebuilding process.

Comment

wondering... do my current plugins transfer over to HS4? Also wondering how smooth is the transition or would I have to start from scratch???
                      It depends on plugin, if it implements upgrade code. I doubt many plugins will. It's too much work. An then you still need to verify if every device/event is properly upgraded. Which is even more work (for the user).

Personally I made a decision to start from scratch - take it as an opportunity to create new fresh clean setup. Instead of adding more mess on top of old HS3 mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X