X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices Not Reading Correctly

Hi,

AKShelly Plug in ver 3.0.0.93
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)

I have a shelly Dimmer 2 and a shelly EM installed. Both seemed to be picked up by the plug in but their values seemed to be reading incorrect values.

Any idea what's going on?

Regards Liam K

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly.png Views:	5 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	1453868
    The shelly EM is working (Just channel 1 in service at the moment) and the dimmer works ok from the shelly app and local switch

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly1.png Views:	5 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	1453867

Originally posted by slayer View Post
    their values seemed to be reading incorrect values.

Any idea what's going on?

I need more info - which values are incorrect?

Comment

BTW FYI, I don't have Shelly EM, but I'm testing on EM3, which are similar.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly.png Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	1454087 Line 1 The shell em is always either calibrating or polling
        Line 2 THe shelly dimmer temperature is very high even when the lights are off 44c is 111 deg f
        Line 3 the shelly.dimmer is always polling or calibrating - what is its purpose?
        Line 4 Shelly dimmer power and works ok
        Line 5 and Line 6 seemed to be ok
        Line 7 always polling or calibrating - what is its purpose?
        Line 8 work ok.

There are no power reading from the Shelly EM displayed in the plug in. (The shelly.power listed is referring to the dimmer power and that works ok.)

I can work with you to get the shelly EM reading. I am based in Ireland so it 50Hz 240V single phase.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly.png Views:	8 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	1454087 Line 1 The shell em is always either calibrating or polling
          Line 2 THe shelly dimmer temperature is very high even when the lights are off 44c is 111 deg f
          Line 3 the shelly.dimmer is always polling or calibrating - what is its purpose?
          Line 4 Shelly dimmer power and works ok
          Line 5 and Line 6 seemed to be ok
          Line 7 always polling or calibrating - what is its purpose?
          Line 8 work ok.

There are no power reading from the Shelly EM displayed in the plug in. (The shelly.power listed is referring to the dimmer power and that works ok.)

I can work with you to get the shelly EM reading. I am based in Ireland so it 50Hz 240V single phase.
          Hi Liam,

Regarding "Calibrating" - after FW update dimmers require re-calibration, so just click "Calibrate" button, let it finish, it takes a while. It will go from 0 to 100% slowly, when finished - stay at 10%.

Regarding "Polling" - I think I removed this in BETA 3.0.0.94 - please update (if you don't know - BETA is in the bottom of the updater).

The reason why there are two lines showing Polling/Calibrating - because HS have requirement that root device (i.e. Shelly.shellydimmer2) can't have any controls/status. So I have to add extra "Control" device. Why? Ask them...

The temperature reading looks correct, it can go to 65C. Why do you convert to F? It's actually a good idea for US to convert temperatures to F...

And regarding "no power reading from the Shelly EM" - do you mean there's no Power device at all, or it's reading 0?

Can you go to the device settings page and print it to PDF - especially the bottom part "ShellyEMStatus", also you can (briefly) enable Log there and copy the log of row data for shellyem.

Comment

Working...
          X