This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message - don’t understand

Hi, I’m trying out the plug-in and it seems to work fantastically so far. But I’ve noticed my log getting filled up with this message - roughly every 30 seconds or so:
    Locator.Tmds.DeviceLocator: CreateReceiver error: id='Marantz NR1607' (Marantz NR1607) addr='192.168.1.246' ip='192.168.1.246' [192.168.1.246] : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    I have got a Marantz receiver on my network, but what has that got to do with my Shelly light bulbs?? And can I make it stop?

Originally posted by ThirdSectorMan View Post
    Hi, I’m trying out the plug-in and it seems to work fantastically so far. But I’ve noticed my log getting filled up with this message - roughly every 30 seconds or so:
    Locator.Tmds.DeviceLocator: CreateReceiver error: id='Marantz NR1607' (Marantz NR1607) addr='192.168.1.246' ip='192.168.1.246' [192.168.1.246] : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    I have got a Marantz receiver on my network, but what has that got to do with my Shelly light bulbs?? And can I make it stop?
    Hi, sure I'll fix it, somehow... Problem is - Shelly use generic name for mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery - just "_http._tcp", probably Marantz use it too.
    I told Shelly that they should be using more specific name (like Bond, or Google), but they said it's too late to change. Fair enough.

But I think I did something already, what plugin version do you use?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-05.png
Views:	86
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1472733

Comment

BTW, I see you are using Tmds - so you are on Windows - I always suggest installing Bonjour Print Services for Windows - after restarting the plugin it will detect the service and use it for discovery. It's better because it's doing discovery in background instead of each plugin sending network requests.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.52 - Log mDNS messages as Warn and only once.

I can't do much about the error, but at least it will appear only once and as Warning. That's if you use Tmds, not Apple Bonjour.

Comment

Hi, and thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, I’m on Windows and using version 3.0.0.96 of your plug-in from the HS installer. I will load Bonjour too - I use it on some of my PCs but it’s not currently on my HS machine, not sure why not. I guess no-one’s suggested it before! And now I know it’s nothing to worry about, I’ll know it’s on your to-do list and I’ll wait for a new plug-in version to appear.

Thanks and best wishes, Chris

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise you are on HS3. It's worth mentioning... I don't really want to support HS3 version - I have 12 plugins, you can imagine...

Comment

But Bonjour should fix your problem

Comment

Since there's another similar request https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ly#post1472837 I may back-port the fix from HS4 to HS3 version.

Comment

Ver 3.0.0.97 (in BETA) - Backported Shelly mDNS fixes from HS4

Comment

Hi again, I've installed Bonjour and all seems good now. No log entries for over an hour. It's the middle of the night here so I'll check everything still works in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X