Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelly Plus Plug S support/implementation

Hi!

First, thank you for a great HomeSeer plugin. I use it for some 20 Shelly devices at home on HS4. Recently I bought a couple of "Shelly Plus Plug S" plugs and while HomeSeer and the AK Shelly plugin detects the plugs and pulls them in, their respective device structures in HS are empty and doesn't do anything. If they are not supported yet by the Shelly plugin, do you have a timeplan for implementation of these plugs?

Kind regards,
    Tobias

Originally posted by tobias_e-se View Post
    Hi!

First, thank you for a great HomeSeer plugin. I use it for some 20 Shelly devices at home on HS4. Recently I bought a couple of "Shelly Plus Plug S" plugs and while HomeSeer and the AK Shelly plugin detects the plugs and pulls them in, their respective device structures in HS are empty and doesn't do anything. If they are not supported yet by the Shelly plugin, do you have a timeplan for implementation of these plugs?

Kind regards,
    Tobias
    Hi Tobias, thank you for kind words.

I see you are in Sweden, so I assume you have EU version of the plug. While it's using the same API as US version, but I guess the model ID is different.

Can you please check HS log?

Comment

Hi again,

I deleted the device in HomeSeer, restarted the Shelly plug and the AK Shelly plugin, but the plug doesn't appear again in the device list. I checked the logs and the only log entry I can see looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	109
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1613202

The firmware on the plug was stable 0.14.1 and I updated it to ​0.14.4-beta1 through the web interface and performed the steps mentioned above again, but no change. HS logs device type not supported from time to time.

Regards,
      Tobias

Comment

Originally posted by tobias_e-se View Post
        Hi again,

I deleted the device in HomeSeer, restarted the Shelly plug and the AK Shelly plugin, but the plug doesn't appear again in the device list. I checked the logs and the only log entry I can see looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	1613202

The firmware on the plug was stable 0.14.1 and I updated it to ​0.14.4-beta1 through the web interface and performed the steps mentioned above again, but no change. HS logs device type not supported from time to time.

Regards,
        Tobias
        As I said, all I need from you - the unsupported device type from the log. The plug won't appear until I add the support for your model. So please wait.

Comment

Ver 4.0.5.16 (BETA) - Added preliminary ShellyPlusPlugS (UE)

Note: to install BETA enable "Show Beta Plugins" on Plugins => Add page

Obviously not tested, hopefully its behaviour is exactly like US plug. Please report any issues and don't forget log - not screenshot, but HS log filtered by plugin (FROM FILTER) and EXPORT to file.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick response. Beta is installed now and the plug has been automatically added to the device list. The plug responds as it should to the on and off commands. I have attached a log file showing info regarding the plug.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Log looks good.

I noticed you are on Windows using Tmds mDNS provider. I always suggest better option - install Bonjour Print Services for Windows and after restarting the plugin it will use it automatically. It's better because it's a service running in the background, and plugin communicates with it, instead of doing mDNS discovery directly. Especially if you use more of my plugins.

Comment

Working...
              X