X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    And:

yup, we will review all of them. I will discuss with my team for a better DIY MODE.

Leave a comment:

• lunkan
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Linux version mDNS update fixed, without using polling
    Sounds great 👍 Just waiting to get my devices.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I've got an email from Sonoff, so hopefully the pairing procedure will be improved:

We agreed to your point to optimize the device pairing procedure, there is some of other platforms feedback for such. the AP mode is recommended. Our team will discuss and give a solution.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Linux version mDNS update fixed, without using polling

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by lunkan View Post
    I'm on Linux, Rpi
    On Linux I found an issue, it doesn't update switch status if switched on/off manually, but otherwise works ok. I'm investigating...

[EDIT]
    Sonoff use mDNS record to update data (i.e. switch state). Which is cool - doesn't require polling devices for status (like Shelly). Problem is on Linux Mono.Zeroconf doesn't support that. So to fix status update I must implement polling, for now at least.

Leave a comment:

• lunkan
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Cool. Are you on Windows or Linux?
    I'm on Linux, Rpi

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I hope Sonoff will simplify pairing procedure.

Any issues with devices - please open a ticket with Sonoff https://github.com/itead/Sonoff_Devices_DIY_Tools/issues - it will let them know if users are struggling...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by lunkan View Post
    Great
    Will try your plugin, just ordered 4 sonoff mini
    Cool. Are you on Windows or Linux?

Leave a comment:

• lunkan
    replied
    Great
    Will try your plugin, just ordered 4 sonoff mini

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Ver. 3.0.0.7 - Added manual Sonoff devices registration (in case mDNS discovery doesn't work).

1. Simply click green "+" button and then
    2. Enter the new device IP address in the IP field
    4. Normally Sonoff status is updated from mDNS message. If mDNS doesn't work and the device is added manually - the "Update" field should be set to non-zero value to enable update timer.

Note 1: sometimes the screen may misbehave, i.e. after clicking the "+" button the new "empty" device doesn't show, or the IP field gets duplicated.
    Just refresh the page please.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AddManually.png
Views:	1526
Size:	0
ID:	1391710

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Connecting new device procedure (DIY Mode V2.0 - FW 3.5.0)

No Tasmota And EWeLink Cloud To Control The SONOFF Device? YES!

SONOFF DIY Mode Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmgJnvtV0s

Steps to switch SONOFF devices to DIY mode - from the above links, but with my own experience:

1. First need to connect the device to eWeLink software to update firmware to 3.5.0

2. Once update is complete - switch the device to "Compatible Pairing Mode (AP)"
    • Power OFF and ON the device
    • Reset by holding the button for 5 seconds (LED changes to 3 flashes with pause)
    • Switch to "Compatible Pairing Mode" by holding the button again for 5 seconds (LED changes to constant flash)
    3. Connect to the Access Point named ITEAD-XXXXXXXXXX with default password 12345678 - via PC (note: for me Android phone didn't see the ITEAD AP, but PC worked).

Beware: because the AP doesn't have Internet access - Windows PC or mobile phone may switch to another WiFi network automatically.

4. Visits http://10.10.7.1/ and set your WiFi (only 2.4 GHz)

Note 1: The device is ready when the LED changes to two short flashes. You don't need to wait for confirmation.

Note 2: For new Sonoff dimmer D1 paring procedure is slightly different as it doesn't have buttons, use remote instead:

http://developers.sonoff.tech/sonoff...-POST%EF%BC%89

1. First need to connect the device to eWeLink software to update firmware to 3.5.0

2. Once update is complete - switch the device to "Compatible Pairing Mode (AP)"
    • First pair the remote with the dimmer
      After powering the switch on, long press any button on RM433/4-button 433MHz RF Remote until you hear a “Beep” sound within 5s.
      https://sonoff.tech/product-tutorial...ful%20pairing.
    • Entering the Compatible Pairing Mode (AP) by long press the paring button for 5 seconds after power on
      "Pairing button" is the lower right button on the remote, with WiFi icon
    3. Connecting the Access Point named ITEAD-XXXXXXXXXX with default password 12345678 via mobile phone or PC

4. Browser visits http://10.10.7.1/

5. Filling in the existing WiFi network SSID and password. You don't need to wait for confirmation.

Below is the original procedure for older devices with FW 3.3.

You don't need it if you have FW 3.5.0 (see above)

OLD. Connecting new device procedure (FW 3.3.0)

Leave a comment:

• No MQTT - Plugin for Sonoff DIY devices - Intro / Config / Screenshots

My plugins:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ikea_64.png Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1421180​​
    AK IKEA
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Square64.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.8 KB ID:	1421181​​
    AKSquare
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bond64.png Views:	0 Size:	5.1 KB ID:	1421176​​
    AKBond
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Sonoff64.png Views:	0 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	1421182​​
    AKSonoff
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Shelly64.png Views:	0 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	1421184​​
    AKShelly
    Click image for larger version  Name:	gates  - 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	1423325
    AKRemootio
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKEnphaseEnvoy64.png Views:	0 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	1421179​​
    AKEnphaseEnvoy
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKGoogleCast64.png Views:	0 Size:	1.5 KB ID:	1421178​​
    AKGoogleCast
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKGoogleCalendar64.png Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	1421177​​
    AKGoogleCalendar
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKSmartDevice64.png Views:	0 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	1421183​​
    AKSmartDevice
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKHeatmiserNeo64.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	1421185​​
    AKHeatmiserNeo
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AKTracdown500 - New.png Views:	0 Size:	300.3 KB ID:	1423326
    AKTracdown
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BASICR3banner_1920_850.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	1391516

Great news - Sonoff started a line of devices with local REST control API - they call them Sonoff DIY. The new plugin for Sonoff DIY devices:

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...lug-in-for-hs3

Currently Sonoff DIY line includes:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SONOFF-D1-Wifi-Smart-Dimmer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	1391514
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SonoffMini1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	1391515
    Note 1: The Sonoff DIY firmware is still in active development, so the protocol, instructions, etc. may change often at this stage.

Note 2: The procedure for connecting new DIY device to the WiFi network is for latest firmware version 3.5.0

Note 3:
    For more info on choosing Zeroconf device discovery and setting Update rate see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...e-update-rates

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	1391666

Config screen:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Config.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.3 KB ID:	1391667

Device Config:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DeviceConfig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.7 KB ID:	1391668

Working...
X