X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexbk66
    replied
    Ver. 3.0.0.17 - Added configuration for mDNS (Zeroconf) providers.

For details please see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...e-update-rates

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Ver 3.0.0.15 (in BETA until approved by HST) - finished Sonoff D1 support.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Great news - ver 3.0.0.13 (in BETA) - added D1 dimmer support.

Need to fix adding Sonof devices manually (if mDNS discovery doesn't work).

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by cerberus_uk View Post
    alexbk66 Hi there - Does your plugin support the Sonoff POWR2 Smart WiFi Switch with Energy Monitoring device? Thanks

Hi there, my plugin works with SONOFF devices which support REST API - so the device page on their website should have the image below.

Currently supported devices are:

SONOFF BASICR3 - WIFI DIY Smart Switch
    SONOFF RFR3 - WIFI DIY Smart RF Control Switch
    SONOFF MINI - Two Way Smart Switch
    SONOFF D1 Smart Dimmer Switch - waiting for the dimmer SONOFF sent me for testing

SONOFF are adding REST support to their devices - very slowly. I can ask them about POWR2, they might even implement it, but it will take a few months (may be 12)

I would recommend Shelly devices instead - they are much better quality and support https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ig-screenshots

https://shelly.cloud/shelly-1pm-wifi...me-automation/
    https://shop.shelly.cloud/shelly-1pm...utomation-1#51

Click image for larger version

Name:	DIY Mode.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1382855

Leave a comment:

• cerberus_uk
    replied
    alexbk66 Hi there - Does your plugin support the Sonoff POWR2 Smart WiFi Switch with Energy Monitoring device? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Version 3.0.0.11 (in BETA until approved by HS) - Automatically update IP address if changed by DHCP

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Good luck

Leave a comment:

• frankc
    replied
    Thank you for doing the research on the sonoff devices that support temperature. I'll take another look at Shelly.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by frankc View Post
    Yes. I looked at Shelly, but like you say, there device for temp and humidity is more expensive.
    You get what you pay for. After using Shelly I can't even look at Sonoff...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Interesting! Knowing the humidity of a particular room doesn't offer much value anyway since I only have one central humidifier unit. I'm curious to know which sonoff devices support one wire temperature sensors and are supported by your plugin.
    I can't find which devices support one wire sensors. May be it was with different firmware and some soldering... Can't remember. Sonoff replied that no other devices support it.

But that's the whole idea of my plugin, so you don't need to do any soldering/flashing. For my plugin the device needs to have new 'DIY' firmware with the REST protocol support. They are adding more devices to the family, but currently it's only three. For example the new Dimmer will have DIY REST FW, but not yet.

Leave a comment:

• frankc
    replied
    Interesting! Knowing the humidity of a particular room doesn't offer much value anyway since I only have one central humidifier unit. I'm curious to know which sonoff devices support one wire temperature sensors and are supported by your plugin.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Yes. I looked at Shelly, but like you say, there device for temp and humidity is more expensive. I was hoping to get several of the wireless sensors for a low price. Would it be possible to use another sonoff device with a temp and humidity sensor besides the th10 or 16?
    I have a reply from Sonoff:

As my last mail update, we will optimize the procedure of device configuration.
    More new products will be available with DIY Mode, what we can tell is the new product of Dimmer D1, now pre-order stage.
    We do not have plan to make TH10 and TH16 with DIY Mode.

We made a decision to update firmware for the DIY MODE product to optimize the first step of setup.
    As you suggested, the device will be an AP and the phone can access the device to change the ssid and password.
    Regarding temp and humidity sensor - I know some Sonoff devices support one wire temperature sensors, but I doubt about humidity. I'll ask.

Leave a comment:

• frankc
    replied
    Yes. I looked at Shelly, but like you say, there device for temp and humidity is more expensive. I was hoping to get several of the wireless sensors for a low price. Would it be possible to use another sonoff device with a temp and humidity sensor besides the th10 or 16?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Great plugin! Any idea when a DIY sonoff TH10 / 16 would be available? I am wanting an inexpensive way for hs3 to monitor temperature and humidity.
    I'll ask Sonoff, but recently they are really slow. Probably I'm not supposed to do that - but I do recommend Shelly products, they are a bit more expensive, but 100 times better.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...helly-alexbk66

Leave a comment:

• frankc
    replied
    Great plugin! Any idea when a DIY sonoff TH10 / 16 would be available? I am wanting an inexpensive way for hs3 to monitor temperature and humidity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X