4.0.0.3 on Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0.0.3 on Linux

Just updated the plug-in to 4.0.0.3 on Linux and now cannot control the relay. Tried to remove them re-install but no improvement. Cannot see relay when setting conditions on a HS device
    any ideas?
    thanks

Originally posted by Sowery View Post
    Just updated the plug-in to 4.0.0.3 on Linux and now cannot control the relay. Tried to remove them re-install but no improvement. Cannot see relay when setting conditions on a HS device
    any ideas?
    thanks
    I didn't test on Linux.
    What Sonoff device?
    And what do you mean by "Cannot see relay when setting conditions on a HS device"? Where?

May be some screenshots?

Comment

I tested om Ubuntu VM, works fine. I only noticed that mDNS (Zeroconf) found the device when I restarted the plugin. I'll try to investigate this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-02-06.png
Views:	74
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1454393

Comment

First the apologies as it was late and I was on my phone, I posted in the HS3 section and I am on HS4. Not sure how to move to another section of the forum?

I have remove the plugin and associated files, restarted HS, reloaded plugin then reloaded HS. The logs below show the plugin install and the discovery however no devices were shown in the GUI for the plugin so I added the IP. The sonoff worked perfectly before this update and I can locate with 'avahi-resolve-address' to the device name so presume discovery is ok. The sonoff is also responding to ping so is live.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 09.56.36.png
Views:	152
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1454436

Following the manual add and setting the IP in the device setup. In the device list there are no control buttons for the device created:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 10.04.57.png
Views:	80
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1454437
        I thought I would try to see if it was just an issue with the GUI and so tried to set the properties for the relay in events.
        In events - the device is detected however has no properties for the relay as with the previous version of the plugin.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 10.07.53.png
Views:	77
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	1454438

Happy to revert to the previous version of the plugin to test. I am running HS4 on Ubuntu. I have a few years experience of HS so had all this working before the plugin update and survived moving all from HS3 to HS4 then from Win10 to linux last month.

Current Version - HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.10.0 (Linux). with MONO Version - Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.105 (Debian 6.8.0.105+dfsg-3 Mon Apr 27 19:25:46 UTC 2020)

Do you need any more details?
        Thanks

Comment

I realised that you are on HS4 because the plugin version starts from "4". I asked HST to move the thread to HS4 version.

Which previous version do you mean? Are you saying that after updating from 4.0.0.2 to 4.0.0.3 it stopped working?

Comment

Yes correct. I have some additional sonoff devices to setup so updated the plugin to 4.0.0.3 from 4.0.0.2 and that is when I hit the trouble.

Comment

I put 4.0.0.2 in BETA section - I have to call it 4.0.0.5 as updater doesn't allow to reduce version. But after installation it will be 4.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by Sowery View Post
                Yes correct. I have some additional sonoff devices to setup so updated the plugin to 4.0.0.3 from 4.0.0.2 and that is when I hit the trouble.
                Ok, please verify if 4.0.0.2 works - then I'll make new version (4.0.0.6)

Comment

I restored the files for 4.0.0.2 and the devices now show the device relay and the control buttons etc. Thank for your quick assistance.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 12.19.09.png
Views:	81
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1454454

Comment

Great, now try 4.0.0.6 (BETA) - fingers crossed

Comment

But better delete all devices from previous versions

Comment

I deleted devices, removed the old plugin then installed the beta. - perfect. Also detected the two new R3 DIY modules.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 16.43.20.png
Views:	78
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1454534

Comment

Great

Comment

Working...
                          X