Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seek advice

In a different thread (Drule) I posted;
    I am trying to get information from my house alarm into HS. I have a Cytech Comfort II alarm. The alarm has an ethernet interface and 'broadcasts' information to that interface as events occur in the alarm. I have a list of the codes it broadcasts.
    I am hoping that I can use the IP / Serial interface to monitor those broadcasts and then run events accordingly.
    I have installed the plugin and set the alarm (fixed IP) as a Connection in the plugin config. It is currently set as a Host. I have opened the port in my Firewall.
    I have set an event with a drhsPlugIn: Received Triggers. The Connection is set as the alarm. I then have an acion I can monitor.
    The output from the alarm is in the format IP0A01 where IP = input (the input I wish to monitor) 0A = the hex number of the input I wish to monitor (Input10) and )1 is on, 00 is Off
    I have tried all the different Encoding types but am not having any success in triggerring my event when I open Input 10.
    Any suggestions?

The next message is;
    Big5 plug-in for HS3 does all of it and much more. It supports Serial, HTTP, MQTT, TCP and Messaging (Slack). https://shop.homeseer.com/products/b...lug-in-for-hs3

I now have the Big5 plaugin and would like it to respond to events from the alarm. According top the manufacturer the alarm Most events in comfort will result in messages via ETH03for example, Input 8 On and off will send "IP0801" and "IP0800" respectively.

Can anybody point me in the direction of getting Big5 to listen for messages on the LAN that have come from the alarm so I can trigger events in HS?

Hi Ian,

We'll be happy to help.

Can you post the specs you are using as a guide? I found a user reference guide for the Comfort II but it doesn't have anything about this interface.

Ken

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, the protocol can be downloaded here; http://www.cytech.biz/serial_interface_protocol.html

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        Thanks for getting back to me, the protocol can be downloaded here; http://www.cytech.biz/serial_interface_protocol.html
        Hi Ian,

A quick look at that spec seems to imply that you need a com port redirector installed on your PC in order to talk to the ETH03 module like a COM port? Is that the case or can you talk to it directly over Ethernet? I can't see any where in the spec where you specify the IP/Port for the status messages.

I must be missing something obvious. I'm trying to figure out if using a Serial profile or a TCP profile would be better.

Ken

Comment

I am in uncharted territory here! There used to be a homeseer plugin (for HS2) that could read and write to the alarm over ethernet and I am aware of a project where Openhab on a Raspberry pi can talk to it. From that I assume you can talk directly, I just don't know how.
          I have intermittenly been in dialogue on the forum for the alarm; http://www.comfortforums.com/forum27/969.html
          Last edited by IanIreland; November 5th, 2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hi Ian,

I've found the manuals for the UCM Base as well as the ETH03 module so let me study those a bit and get back with you. I can see from the ETH02/03 manuals that the Ethernet interface is provide by a Tibbo Serial-Ethernet converter module so we should be able to talk to it directly.

Stay tuned,
            Ken

Comment

I am very grateful, and staying tuned :-)

Comment

Hi Ian,

Here's a link to the instructions I'm following: http://www.cytech.biz/download_files.php?item_id=1098

Based on Page 11 of these instructions you are supposed to configure your ETH03 to Server Routing Mode but that doesn't allow it to initiate outbound connections. (Only accepts inbound connections.) From my experience with Tibbo Device Server (DS) modules, setting the Routing Mode to Client/Server allows the module to accept inbound connections from a computer as well as initiate outbound connections to a computer. Target IP and Target Port as seen on Page 11 is what tells the module where to connect when serial data is received from the Comfort panel. Once that is set, you should be able to configure a TCP listener profile in Big5 based on the Target IP/Port.

I still have a Tibbo DS100 around somewhere. I'll try to dig it up so I can possibly help a bit more.

Let me know what questions you have.

Ken

Comment

I have work to do today so will look at this in detail when I've finished!

Comment

I have the ETH03 set to Server Routing Mode.
                    When I posed a quesion on the Comfort forum, who are very helpful, I got the reply;

"Just in case - is there anything I need to set in Comfort for the data to be transmitted?"

"Before the UCM will send anything you need to log in using LI followwed by the code eg LI1234 and <0x0D>
                    The messages must be preceded by the character 0x03 and end with 0x0D The comfort serial protocol describes the full protocol"

Comment

There is a Comfort mobile app which sends and recieves from the alarm, I guess it must send the relevant code when it is opened.

Comment

Hi Ian,

So it looks like Comfort is using some special Tibbo firmware that only supports Server mode. In this case you won't be able to receive asynchronous messages from the panel unless you are logged into it. Let me play with the DS100 I have and see if I can figure out the best profile for doing this.

Ken

Comment

Many thanks. I guess I could have an event that logged in every few minutes! I could ask on the Comfort forum how long a login lasts before being logged out. It does make me wonder how the plugin for HS2 worked as I recall it being dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            Many thanks. I guess I could have an event that logged in every few minutes! I could ask on the Comfort forum how long a login lasts before being logged out. It does make me wonder how the plugin for HS2 worked as I recall it being dynamic.
                            From Page 12 of the ETH03 manual:
                            • Port: is the network port through which the data is sent and received from the UCM. By default the port is set to 1001.
                            • Timeout: is the time in minutes for which the TCP connection will remain open if there is no data in either direction. A value of 0 means the connection will never time-out.

It is recommended that 2 minute connection time-out is used when there may be more than 1 application trying to use the connection at the same time, e.g. for iPhone application. The UCM/Eth03 only allows one connection at a time.
                            The HS2 plugin likely maintained an active TCP connection with a periodic polling routine to verify the connection was still open. At least that's how I'd do it.

I haven't tried using Big5 to setup and maintain a two-way TCP connection but I suspect it's fairly easy.

Ken

Comment

Interesting. As an experiment I logged into the alarm using the desktop app and then tried with the mobile app. It would let me, however the ETH03 allows you to set two ports. Changing the mobile app to another port allows me to login from both at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X